Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Sng video #3 $11s

Oi, here's my 3rd video. Nothing much has changed, still running pretty gross. 4 tabling the 11s.

Midway through the video I started talking to my housemate about philosophy and didn't comment on some of the hands. Hope you don't mind. The backstory (if anyone is interested) is that we're both trying to get some essays published in a uni journal and we think the editor in chief is doing a bad job.

A few hands that happened during then: 82o on bottom left - SB limps SH I shove BB (he had limped alot). In the bottom left table, I had kinda a weird stack on the bubble with the shorty behind me. Other big stack kept limping in and I didn't want to risk being too aggro and busting when shorty had so little chips left. A couple hands like a6 I had to muck I think. His limping and the shorty just froze me. I don't know what else to do there.

On the top left, bvb sb limps I check some garbage hand. He checks flop, I bet 500 w/ air, I think that is a good spot to bluff on what I remember as a raggy board. Shoving ATC after there was standard I think.

I think that's about it. The 88 shove vs loose limper at 50/100 is a little aggro w/ players left behind me, but they were all really tight so I think it's ok.

I shoved the AA from the BB after SB limped b/c I had hoped that SB remembered me shoving bvb before in the sngs and I thought he might call me kinda light. There's nothing else to do there really, like 1250 looks too suspicious.

Here's the link: Oi, here's my 3rd video. Nothing much has changed, still running pretty gross. 4 tabling the 11s.

Midway through the video I started talking to my housemate about philosophy and didn't comment on some of the hands. Hope you don't mind.

A few hands that happened during then: 82o on bottom left - SB limps SH I shove BB (he had limped alot). In the bottom left table, I had kinda a weird stack on the bubble with the shorty behind me. Other big stack kept limping in and I didn't want to risk being too aggro and busting when shorty had so little chips left. A couple hands like a6 I had to muck I think. His limping and the shorty just froze me. I don't know what else to do there.

On the top left, bvb sb limps I check some garbage hand. He checks flop, I bet 500 w/ air, I think that is a good spot to bluff on what I remember as a raggy board. Shoving ATC after there was standard I think.

I think that's about it. The 88 shove vs loose limper at 50/100 is a little aggro w/ players left behind me, but they were all really tight so I think it's ok.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9IHWYO9

Thanks for all comments. I'm pretty sure that I don't have a TON of leaks, but there are some there.

Thanks for all comments. I'm pretty sure that I don't have a TON of leaks, but there are some there.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Sng video #3 $11s

BTW when I posted this, I was kinda drunk, so don't mind the repetition.

Just watching a bit of the video and the T3o in top left at 17 min in is a shove from SB into tight BB. Shouldn't have clicked auto-fold (it's a bad habit of mine).
Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW when I posted this, I was kinda drunk, so don't mind the repetition.

Just watching a bit of the video and the T3o in top left at 17 min in is a shove from SB into tight BB. Shouldn't have clicked auto-fold (it's a bad habit of mine).

[/ QUOTE ]

some times i wish these buttons where not there as i do this too
Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 AM

IM not much of one to give out advise but move down.

Look over hands more

Stop calling in some spots to protect blinds this doesnt protect them

I also am not going to help someone i play that much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But i just got done going threw what your going threw its brutal
Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 AM

also like you said your timing out at the beginning which means you are playing to many tables at once.

Lower the amount to find something that helps you not allow this
Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 AM

Downloading. Too tired to play any more myself tonight so will watch and comment soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

jkpoker, I don't time out very often, it's only when I have like 4 weird spots going at the same time. I can 12 table pretty competently, but it would be a lot easier with scripts. A lot of the regulars say my game is good enough to beat the 55s. I don't think I need to move down b/c my play is bad or anything. I don't know if you were suggesting that's why I should move down.

The spot where I "protected my blind" happened once. 60/120 and loose button min raises. I have 2200 behind and call the min raise w/ QJs. I think that is a pretty auto call. I can't see folding that.

I kinda get the feeling that you're telling me to move down and play less tables so that I'm not playing with you as much/at all.

I give advise to everyone on the forum, despite whether or not they play on FTP. Also making the videos certainly helps the players in the forum more than it helps me.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 PM

MY point isnt a perma move down.

I hadn't played under a 20 for about a year but bit the bullet moved down for 200S&G's and am know winning again on the 20s.

Like i said i just went threw what you went threw i thought i was playing great i was playing "not bad". When i moved down i Looked over almost all my HH's found spots i was doing things wrong fixed and moved back up.

To be honest i had been getting worse over the corse of a whole year because i didn't study the game anuff.

Regardless if your on a bad luck downswing moving down makes it hurt less due to losing less money.

A few tips I thought you raised to much specially late game from out of position with marginal hands saw KQo AJo etc. This isnt a bad play but it will win you 200-300 and costed you 1500 on top of that i think the big stack was in between you and the short stack given him the option to push any 2 because he has more chips. IF your going to call when the 1800 stack push's over bet more. Basically if you raise to 700 at 300bb you should be willing to fold if one of the tight good players pushes on you aka hot panda or a big stack.

fwiw Im obviously not crushing S&G's on full tilt but i have done good bank roll management and have lived off the roll for a good year and a half.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM

The AJo is 6 handed, folded to me in the cutoff and I started the hand with 3300. I don't think ppl would re-steal on me all that often. If someone shoved, it would be read-dependent. The only decent player on the bottom left was Dessi and he knows I'm not opening very wide there and will likely not muck to a shove (tho if he did shove there, I would muck probably). AJo 6 handed at 100/200 is WAY TOO strong to muck and limping is bad too IMO. I don't think there's much of a worry about getting re-stolen here (especially since it's not the bubble).

Bottom left again: AJs 8 handed from hijack -1 at 50/100 is the bottom of my opening range. With a decent stack, I think that's ok as well.

The KQo in the top right: 150/300, 5 handed from the CO, I can't see limping and folding is too weak. Goodash is kinda a bad player and I doubt will shove over the top of me on steals (he's not good enough to do that. BelleParis/hotpanda are both short and getting all in vs them isn't horrible IMO. Hotpanda is probably shoving any pair, any ace and alot of 2 hi card hands against me. Obviously when he shoves (1000 more) it's an instacall. I don't think I'm a 3-1 dog very often in that spot.

I am pretty sure that most regulars would open in these kinds of spots w/ proper reads as well. Raising pre doesn't seem to be a leak and folding is really weak.

All that being said, I am getting 50% staked for 1000 sngs and will probably play some 11s for a bit while I'm getting used to my scripts.

Clearly only seeing 1-3 videos isn't a great indicator of how well a person plays. I thought pretty much every fold/raise and shove were all standard. These semi-strong opening hands is probably just a matter of opinion (not leaks). I review HHs and talk poker a lot during the day. I am posting hands a good amount and spend a ton of time on the forum, as well as updating my blog. I am pretty damn dedicated so I really don't think I'm playing badly. Running horribly for 1000 sngs is possible and 100 buyin downswings happen to the best of sng players.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as well as updating my blog.

[/ QUOTE ]
Link, plz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]