Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 9/11 As it happened

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking on the MSNBC website and was the title of this show called 9/11 6 years later?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Comcast its 9/11: As It Happened.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Wow, they didn't realize the tower is gone.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Hmmm, I couldnt find an online stream of it, I`ll just have to wait for round 2 of it airing, and of course get some T.V. access.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 AM

a truly awful day. made all the more terrible with the continuing loss of life overseas.

can't we all just get along?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 AM

I happened across it in my hotel room and haven't been able to turn it off. I watched the second plane hit live that morning and knew immediately we were under attack.

I don't even know how long we stayed glued to the coverage. At least until late that night and then for days afterward?

It's strange. In a way I'll feel disloyal turning it off, as if I owe it to those who suffered such horrible loss that day to be a witness, to remember all that was lost. Somewhere inside me a voice screams, "Never forget!"

The first tower just fell. I really am going to have to turn this off. I have to get up at 5:30 to get ready for an early morning meeting.

As far as coverage, I'm surprised that MSNBC doesn't have cameras in the area. I remember seeing the cloud of smoke coming down the street during the collapse and everyone running like crazy. (Maybe it was the second collapse?)

It's also odd to watch from the start and to know....the second one's coming....the second plane is coming....watching over their shoulders, knowing it will take time for it to register with them.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:12 AM

I remember hearing the reports saying 6 had died in a plane crash hitting one of the towers, and assuming it was a light aircraft.

I remember a little while after when the planes started flying again, every plane in the sky looked like a flying weapon.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:36 AM

the most horrifying thing was seeing the people falling from the buildings. what a horrible sight.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the most horrifying thing was seeing the people falling from the buildings. what a horrible sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i was on my way to work listening to some of it on the radio when it was thought to be an accident. Then all of the sudden, "Wait, we're getting reports that the 2nd tower has been hit." In a way, I'm glad I did not have to watch it all happen.

i caught some of the footage after work, but could not watch for long
Old 09-12-2007, 05:01 AM

I missed most of the coverage that day. I was living in LA and was at the Bike for breakfast. I had gotten up early because a friend of mine was juicing me into a job in Vegas. I drove over there for my noon meeting, but there was a hiring freeze in place so I couldn't get juiced in. I checked into my hotel (they had to put me in a suite because all the regular rooms were full). I went out to dinner and then played some poker downtown.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 AM

And to think how a government could allow that to happen to its own people.