Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 08:00 PM

Default AA - When do I xxx?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21
Hero: $43
MP1: $26.25
MP2: $35.75
MP3: $16.25
CO: $15
Button: $24
SB: $9.75
BB: $40

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (16.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (26.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 38.25BB

Where do I know I'm beat in a pot with a huge amount of money. I can't seeing playing the flop any differently, especially at .5/1.

Maybe my turn raise is bad. But even so I figure I've gotta call. Should I have folded when I was faced with 2 bets on the river? But I'm getting like 15-1. Thoughts?

I mean by the river I was 90% certain I knew what they each had (and they both were ahead of me). But the last couple days I've won pots where my large pocket pair was up against a mid pair that the player SEVERLY overplayed. Did that make me stay in here too long, or ....
Old 09-26-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: AA - When do I fold?

fold turn when it gets capped, and i probably wouldnt make that first turn raise. that turn card is absoterrible.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM

Eh, this hand is a mess.

The flop is all right, though I might just call the check-3-bet by the BB.

With the flop cap, I just call the turn donk. If the action goes: MP2 raises, BB 3-bets, I can fold.

Also, generally don't title your posts things like "When should I fold?" as it can bias responses.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 PM

reads help. did you have any?

anyway, what miles said

the thing is when the turn is capped you have to realise that these guys are going crazy and that you will likely be putting in 2-4 bets on the river to see if your measly one pair of aces stand up. These guys have made hands that they like...seems that someone has at least a set on that board.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, this hand is a mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It was one of those super fast hands. My biggest mistake was actually just not stopping for 10 seconds and think things through.

[ QUOTE ]

With the flop cap, I just call the turn donk. If the action goes: MP2 raises, BB 3-bets, I can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, generally don't title your posts things like "When should I fold?" as it can bias responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed. Kinda. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 PM

****Warning: Unwarranted aggression and berating follow****

also...

STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW YOU ARE DOING WITH AA!

There is just no way this hand should be the biggest cause for concern in your game! You doubtlessly have bigger leaks than your inability to fold AA here.

THERE HAVE BEEN SOMETHING LIKE A ZILLION AA POSTS THE PAST FEW DAYS!!!

Is there some kind of global requirement that whenever you lose a hand with AA you have to post it here? This means that the threads that dominate the first page all concern one of the single easiest-to-play starting hands. start looking for marginal situations, stop fretting about losing a big pot with aces

Use the effing search function!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reads help. did you have any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I was fairly new to the table, and more importantly (and much worse) I was playing and watching TV. When I folded I generally stopped paying attention.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
****Warning: Unwarranted aggression and berating follow****

also...

There is just no way this hand should be the biggest cause for concern in your game! You doubtlessly have bigger leaks than your inability to fold AA here.

THERE HAVE BEEN SOMETHING LIKE A ZILLION AA POSTS THE PAST FEW DAYS!!!

Is there some kind of global requirement that whenever you lose a hand with AA you have to post it here? This means that the threads that dominate the first page all concern one of the single easiest-to-play starting hands. start looking for marginal situations, stop fretting about losing a big pot with aces

Use the effing search function!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll take the high road here and respond logically.

I don't think this is a typical AA hand as much as its a typical strong (ie. NOT monster) hand, with TONS of action.

Its also a "BIG" pot hand. So my concern has nothing to do with AA, you could replace this hand with any TPTK, straight on paired board, flush on paired board, weak two pair, etc.

There's a lot of talk about hands in big pots. At the start of the river, the worst odds I'm getting are 26+8 to 4 or 8.5:1. While not massive, thats the worst case. I whole heartedly agree that I played this wrong because I'm not going to win this hand 10% of the time after that turn action, but I think its important to learn when I'm overplaying strong (not monster) hands.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 PM

this hand is fine to post and the turn fold is something not everyone would do while playing.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While there have been a lot of AA posts lately, I'd like you to find one that went past 2 pages that does not include discussion helpful to playing any hand &gt; TP3K. That's a lot of hands.