Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: On The Lot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call Zach a "poor guy." He'll probably get a bunch of job offers this week.

Adam's movie was the first one I saw all season that I thought was ridiculously amazing. As the guest judge said (I don't listen to what Fischer and Marshall say, as they never make any sense), it is something you'll want to watch a second time to understand how great it was. My wife figured out what was going on right away, whereas I had no idea.

Will's was really good, too, and I was surprised it was topped.

Sam's was crap.

Jason's was crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely with everything in this post. Adam's movie was easily the best and most daring one so far in this competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any explanation for why Jason is still around? It amazes me that people vote for his stuff.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:37 AM

I have actually watched every episode (thx DVR). No idea how Jason or Sam are still around. Zach looked unbeatable really early in the competition but it's become evident that Will is a better overall filmmaker, I don't see how he can lose. Not sure why the judges complain about his lack of dialouge... films too short to build character on the whole and the lack of it actually helps. Yes Men, Road Rage 101, Unplugged, Spaghetti, Nerve Endings, Glass Eye, Lucky Penny... I mean, some of them aren't great but in the entire competition he probably has six of the top ten films. Because the others are so bad.

Adam has made two really good films with Army Guy & Worldly Possessions but nothing else stands out. Jason hasn't done anything noteworthy, I thought Getta Room was moderately funny and his best work but the judges were offended... that's his best film but still not good. Sam made one good film--Replication Theory--in week one. That's it. Everything else is awful or mediocre.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:22 AM

Final bump for this sad show. Well, looks like Vixticator knows how to pick a winner! Silent filmmaker won the deal with Spielberg.

I was a little surprised as I sort of thought it would be Adam but I guess I'm fine with Will. His films were pretty nice and had a very sweet quality to them.

Lol at that ending! Will and Spielberg standing outside the studio gate and awkwardly facing each other. You'd think they could have put a little more production into it. It just looked very low budget. At the very least they should have walked him around the studios and given him an office or something.