Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Unreal Deal.....

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna jump in with the crowd of saying - it's not a HORRIBLE deal. I've played in the WSOP the last 2 years, and it's a sick tournament. Anyone who really thinks they can win is really having pipe dreams (unless you're a pro like Shaniac or Rizen.) I might play some satellites, and if someone offers me 2k, I might just take it. It would go farther for me than a free vegas trip to play a 16 hour Day 1, only to bust in Day 2. Memories (and mamories) are good - $2k is nice too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars username please?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Even if the kid was 14, he would be able to play in the 2014 WSOP. This might seem like a joke, but to win a seat now, assuming your underage, wouldn't the rest of the seats you win, until your eligible to play, be cash (or $W or w/ stars does) the same as if you won 2 seats for this years event???
Old 03-14-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if the kid was 14, he would be able to play in the 2014 WSOP. This might seem like a joke, but to win a seat now, assuming your underage, wouldn't the rest of the seats you win, until your eligible to play, be cash (or $W or w/ stars does) the same as if you won 2 seats for this years event???

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM

ok let me clarify... I'm not saying I would make the deal - I said "might"... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I just agree with what the Stars fella said - if he's busto, $2k is a hell of a lot of money. He could have gotten more money probably, but he saw the $2k and said "done"

Yes, i'm a fence sitter (and I've never made any deals)
Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 PM

Although this is obviously a horrible deal, it doesn't surprise me even one bit that someone in an FPP satellite would accept it.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM

Considering that the alternative is $0, he might not think he has a chance to win this heads-up, or doesn't want to take the chance. But with the chiplead and the stacksizes, I'm surprised that he's willing to give up so much equity. Maybe he doesn't expect anyone playing a FPP tourney to have more cash than he was offered.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that the alternative is $0, he might not think he has a chance to win this heads-up, or doesn't want to take the chance. But with the chiplead and the stacksizes, I'm surprised that he's willing to give up so much equity. Maybe he doesn't expect anyone playing a FPP tourney to have more cash than he was offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

Seriously, though, is it really a surprise that there are bad negotiators out there and bad deals being made? I made a deal as chipleader once when Party first rolled out their automated deal-making. There were four left, and I had twice the stack of the second place guy. My part of the deal was okay (locked in closer to first place money than second place money), but I definitely should have waited for the small stack (less than 5 BB) to bust. But it was late, I was tired, and I was enthralled by the new Party deal-making feature.

-Z
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM

flmodesq21 also offered an option of whoever gets 2nd place taking the $1k in spending money, and 1st taking the seat. But when he mentioned he would pay $2k to take the seat now, atlooncall jumped on that deal quickly... So really he gave it up for $1k.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:02 PM

If he took 4k, it would have been a bad deal, but understandable. Scott, there's no way you'd take 2k.

The WSOP sucks. Real bad. I'd take money over the seat any day, even giving up a tad of equity. 2k is a joke tho.

Nothing stars can or should do.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:20 PM

Wow, yuv and others saying what a bad investmeny the WSOP ME is LOLLLL you guys are either leveling us hard or really lacking key concepts.