Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Too Aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]
The point is - you have to be cautious in the face of these out of tempo flop checks in HU situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, I think what McGahee's getting at is that when someone checks the flop after raising preflop HU, it should raise alarm bells. When I see guys pull this move, it often means 'slowplaying monster hand'. That's why I'm also really surpirsed that you weren't c-rd on the flop or turn, and that your flop and turn plays aren't exactly wrong but aren't necessarily correct either. FWIW, I'd probably just check behind on the flop.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:31 AM

Definately not too aggressive and I'm looking this guy up on 7BB showdown--partly because the pot is pretty big and because this is a HU blind battle and we might be best, and partly to see how the guy plays even if we lose.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definately not too aggressive and I'm looking this guy up on 7BB showdown--partly because the pot is pretty big and because this is a HU blind battle and we might be best, and partly to see how the guy plays even if we lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm good 1 time in 7 on the river. But all of the talk about the out of tempo flop is less meaningful to me because it was heads up.

Of course they were right and the jackass (I say that in the nicest possible way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) had pocket kings. But I think the lesson was worth a couple of bets.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is - you have to be cautious in the face of these out of tempo flop checks in HU situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, I think what McGahee's getting at is that when someone checks the flop after raising preflop HU, it should raise alarm bells. When I see guys pull this move, it often means 'slowplaying monster hand'. That's why I'm also really surpirsed that you weren't c-rd on the flop or turn, and that your flop and turn plays aren't exactly wrong but aren't necessarily correct either. FWIW, I'd probably just check behind on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how do you play it at that point? Villain is very likely to bet on the turn with any two cards. I'd call because I've got the Q high flush draw and the pair of tens. He'd bet the river, ... I call?

Or would the turn be a raise/call with the intention of folding UI on the river if I was raised turned?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But how do you play it at that point? Villain is very likely to bet on the turn with any two cards. I'd call because I've got the Q high flush draw and the pair of tens. He'd bet the river, ... I call?

Or would the turn be a raise/call with the intention of folding UI on the river if I was raised turned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call the turn and river bets because I have a hard time folding a made hand HU and I want to get a read. I wouldn't raise the turn because I don't want to get 3-towned.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:35 PM

I probably would have played this the same way. But after reading some of the others opinions, I guess I would have changed the way I played this and just checked that river. Still, I would have wanted to maximize the value I was putting in if I was the villain. He was slow playing with a coordinated board and you almost out drew him. I guess what I am saying is that even when you flop top set HU, I still would have a hard time slow playing it (and I know this was villains hand, and does not help you out much).