Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:19 AM

Default (Quick Q) Mucked winner: This was correct right?

Anyways, two guys somehow get all in on the turn (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), river is a complete blank, one guy shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the other guy mucks (throws his cards facedown towards the middle of the table, clearly distinguishable from other cards).

Somebody says IWTSTH, dealer picks up cards, taps the muck and flips over A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

AA is entitled to the pot, correct?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: (Quick Q) Mucked winner: This was correct right?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, two guys somehow get all in on the turn (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), river is a complete blank, one guy shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the other guy mucks (throws his cards facedown towards the middle of the table, clearly distinguishable from other cards).

Somebody says IWTSTH, dealer picks up cards, taps the muck and flips over A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

AA is entitled to the pot, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless it was the AA guy that asked to see the hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 AM

Yup mano is right. If the loser asks, the hand is live. Otherwise its still a dead hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 AM

Thanks guys.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was mine, and I was 100% sure the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Oh well, it happens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As I was walking away from the table, the dealer says "You had flush." I looked back, asked if my hand was dead. When he told me it was, I chuckled and walked away.

Learned a lesson.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 AM

lol! that sucks man

I Definetly have done this before, but you learn quickly when its a big pot you leave behind[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 07:38 AM

I did the opposite once. I happily called someone's all-in, only to discover my Qh was really a Qd.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 AM

why muck the hand- it's not like you making a horrible bluff?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 AM

That's why I almost always show my hand if it gets that far or take a last good look at my hand before I muck.

I feel for you. That stinks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 AM

I would highly recommend always re-checking your two hole cards when the dealer is preparing to deal the flop. I do this each hand - and then repeat my cards in my head as if I were saying them out loud (without moving my lips...).

It cuts down on these types of mistakes - and when a 1-suited flop hits I don't need to check my hole cards to see if I have one of that suit...
Old 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was mine, and I was 100% sure the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Oh well, it happens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As I was walking away from the table, the dealer says "You had flush." I looked back, asked if my hand was dead. When he told me it was, I chuckled and walked away.

Learned a lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks, good for you for handling it well.

Just a note, unless I have done something out of the ordinary, I will just flip my cards up in situations like this. People are so paranoid about "not giving away information". Well the other side of that coin is that if the players see one of your hands at showdown and you played it a particular way, just play it differently next time.