Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: ** Official August Chat Thread: The White Swan **

[ QUOTE ]
well....that is the golden question and the problem I have with the book: WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE?

It won't make the fish smarter. They won't understand the concepts even after reading it. It does a good job at preaching to the choir and presenting an approach to the game in a tight-cohesive way. The uninformed still won't get it. It might help the 25NL or 50NL regular. Someone needs a solid foundation to understand what the authors are talking about and apply it. I'm sure this book could've helped me 18 months ago and shaved some time off the learning process. But, it's nothing I didn't gather from studying the forums a bit.

Then again, I'm only 2/3 of the way through it (I got it earlier today). Maybe the rest will blow me away. Or, maybe this is setup for a volume 2 that blows me away. Honestly, HOH 1 didn't do much for me. But, HOH 2 was absolutely fantastic! I'm hoping for a repeat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what you said earlier it sounds like this book will take a decent player to goodish player in less time and that is all. There are still many contributing factors of nl hands that will let us own people who have read this book. THis is why nl kicks ass and limit should be banned as well as shortstacking, people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures, and the dutch.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to a car salesman today who plays alot of poker at roughly the same stakes i do and he has never heard of twoplustwo. I broke it down for him and the mother [censored] still wouldnt knock that last 900 off i wanted to close the deal [censored]! He did let me talk him down alot but i couldnt quite break his balls. It is funny to walk out the door on them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you looking at getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I accually have a couple models picked out that may not make sense to anyone else but me-
04 or newer galant
03 or newer impala
brand new ford f-150 truck with shity rims on it so i can buy new ones and not have to pay for some gay factory rims.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 AM

WTF is up with sakrei? I go rent the Bourne Identity and Supremacy and rewatch them (the new one is gonna be sick) and come back and he has like 10 of the first 20 posts and they are all retarded. Its like bigmick moved down 3 levels started playing worse and got nittier except now he's posting on the forums. Can you please give him a vacation Berge?

DLM, get the Impala out of those options.

Kos, go out with friends and pick up bar tab (you can't tell me you've never been to a bar unless you just don't drink even if you are 19). This is a lot better option than getting a bottle of Dom or cristal. FWIW, I had a "balla" friend (more of an aquaitance) that bought like 10 bottles of cristal for a small party and it was good, but you're paying for the name. Its just champagne and there are much better things to spend your money on.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 AM

August is rigged.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM

Not exactly the start I was looking for in August (hopefully the graph turns out OK).
[image]http://[/image]
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 AM

You guys play a lot. I play like 20k hands in a good month and half of you are 1/4 of the way there one day in.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is up with sakrei? I go rent the Bourne Identity and Supremacy and rewatch them (the new one is gonna be sick) and come back and he has like 10 of the first 20 posts and they are all retarded. Its like bigmick moved down 3 levels started playing worse and got nittier except now he's posting on the forums. Can you please give him a vacation Berge?

DLM, get the Impala out of those options.

Kos, go out with friends and pick up bar tab (you can't tell me you've never been to a bar unless you just don't drink even if you are 19). This is a lot better option than getting a bottle of Dom or cristal. FWIW, I had a "balla" friend (more of an aquaitance) that bought like 10 bottles of cristal for a small party and it was good, but you're paying for the name. Its just champagne and there are much better things to spend your money on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah impala was my the first one i put on my list, then i remembered how pimp the new body style of the galant is. The truck is like a wild card sorta weird thing i like. I ususally would not consider a truck at all.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 AM

I'm playing crappy.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok I'm going to really try and have a big month in August and start getting my [censored] together. my goal is 100,000 hands starting at 25NL and hopefully (crosses fingers) getting to 100NL.

here we go!

[/ QUOTE ]

97,700 more to go!

so far im making $10.44/hr + rakeback, id really like to be able to make $40 when all said and done, not sure how realistic that is

[/ QUOTE ]

95,700 to go im making -12.44/hr [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 AM

About how many hands at 1/2 will it take to clear the $500 bonus from FTP?
Closed Thread