Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 AM

Default A step closer

My personal context is: University, girlfriend, part time job, gym and poker.
My goal? Make 10k at poker and i have until next summer.
My skill; winning(sample size over 30k hands played) at NL 5 1c2c 15bb/100bb, winning( sample between 15-20k) NL10 2c5c 10bb/100bb in general

I am learning NL 10 5c10c on the VVVEERRGGEEE of being profitable, hell somedays im convinced i am but over a three week period letsay id run a 2bb/100bb average.

Well, yesterday i have learned that one of the most fundamental skill you have to learn playing poker is state management; you cannot play mentally tired - its just the way it is -
you go on tilt easier, your optimum session time gets shorter, you dont see all the factors when making a decision, etc etc etc

Ive noticed a couple of things : i play better in the morning when im refreshed, breaks are good but they never put me back on my AAA game, playing long sessions is a skill that can manifest itself simply by repeating it regularly...

Its like studying, tranning, relaxing, sleeping..etc you have to do a bit everyday, build the habit and you will have more consistent results than if you simply wait 6 days till your day off then sleep 12 hours, do [censored] the whole day or wait for that day to play 8 straight hours..and thats your poker time

So, ive decided to go to bed at 9 pm to wake up at 5 30 to play my sessions before school, before gym, before work and while my gf is sleeping...i will be able to play a minimum of 4 hours on average and i want this four hour to become my optimum session time

I expect my number of played hands to go up, i expect myself to make more money simply because of the state im going to be in when i play, i expect to learn the game faster

I expect my hourly rate to go up simply because i take control of the state i will be in when i play....the way i see it...if i am willing to read books, post and read from this site, look over my played hands for leaks...etc then not managing my time to play in a B state when all I am learning is not taking effect on my game seems like a counterintuitive move.
So thats my personal move to counter tilt, fatigue, B game, impatience and etc.

See you at the top.
Simon.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: A step closer

Get a blog.
Closed Thread