Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Head up vs good player

[ QUOTE ]

fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he fold a bed? man thats not only impossible but stupid
Old 11-18-2007, 04:55 AM

how is there some discussion of folding 99 and no one bothering posting any results from pokerstove?

very tight range:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 63.557% 62.55% 01.01% 379140744 6115116.00 { 99+, AJs, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 36.443% 35.43% 01.01% 214784640 6115116.00 { 99 }

loosest range:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 56.571% 55.77% 00.80% 464131068 6638748.00 { 88+, ATs, KQs, AJo+ }
Hand 1: 43.429% 42.63% 00.80% 354771180 6638748.00 { 99 }

losing either way

seems to be fold pf unless something is way off.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:02 AM

well i hate it if i was you and the villain was someone good i played against regularly, but im guessing that most people you play with dont think youre completely out of your mind. the main reason this might work imo is him frustration mucking bc hes running bad without thinking but i still dont really care for it. ive put a lot of effort into trying to make people fold what was at one point top pair in limit holdem, i dont have much to show for it.

*edit*
btw fold pf here is fine. yellowjacks loosest range is a bit off and should be like 77+/KQo+/AJo+/KJs+/ATs+ but im sure if someone stoves that 99 will still be a dog and the guys range is probably tighter than that. i dont know if the guy you are playing against here is legit good or just some random tight guy, id prefer giving action to someone that is actually good here, giving random tight live players action after they raise in ep is one of the most retarded things you can do. giving action to nobody that raises in ep unless you know theyre really dumb is also a good option.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 AM

I can agree that this is a turn fold on a 2flush board. I just took a random shot at a guy running bad. I think the play is definitely good on a monotone board. I cant digest folding 99 pf though.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is one of the better players in the room. I think he may be a little too tight, but he is aggressive and reads hands pretty well. He is running terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is the Villain? Seems like you are describing yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have figured out who you are, though you are a mystery to everyone @ Canterbury. If I give what I suspect is your first initial, will you say yay or nay?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i hate it if i was you and the villain was someone good i played against regularly, but im guessing that most people you play with dont think youre completely out of your mind. the main reason this might work imo is him frustration mucking bc hes running bad without thinking but i still dont really care for it. ive put a lot of effort into trying to make people fold what was at one point top pair in limit holdem, i dont have much to show for it.

*edit*
btw fold pf here is fine. yellowjacks loosest range is a bit off and should be like 77+/KQo+/AJo+/KJs+/ATs+ but im sure if someone stoves that 99 will still be a dog and the guys range is probably tighter than that. i dont know if the guy you are playing against here is legit good or just some random tight guy, id prefer giving action to someone that is actually good here, giving random tight live players action after they raise in ep is one of the most retarded things you can do. giving action to nobody that raises in ep unless you know theyre really dumb is also a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have probably 100 hrs playing with him. We try to stay out of each others way if at all possible. I know he is capable of laying down AJ here. And I also know the feeling you get when you have been getting killed, the K peels off and you bet/turbomuck when villain autoraises. I hope I am not trying to hard to justify this play, bc there are obviously better boards to do this on.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he finds a turn fold here. If he's descent then he has to have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he doesn't, he just needs to have a jack. if he is at all descent, Mitch's hand looks EXACTLY like AK. that is why this play can work here.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant digest folding 99 pf though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop is standard unless the game is very loose in which case calling is fine.

I don't believe 99 has ever been considered an auto 3bet here.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he finds a turn fold here. If he's descent then he has to have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he doesn't, he just needs to have a jack. if he is at all descent, Mitch's hand looks EXACTLY like AK. that is why this play can work here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am the villain in this hand I would have a hard time putting Mitch on a hand, and when I have a hard time putting someone on a hand that beats me, I call down.

If I am Mitch in this hand, and I do indeed have AK, I am not raising the turn. If I view the villain as a good player, AND he views me as a good player I think raising the turn when you hit your king has two consequences:
1. he folds a worse hand
2. he 3 bets you
Both scenarios suck.

That is why I don't think this bluff will work. Against a mediocre player.......sure, good spot to bluff. Against a good player, hard to get away with stuff like this.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am the villain in this hand I would have a hard time putting Mitch on a hand, and when I have a hard time putting someone on a hand that beats me, I call down.

If I am Mitch in this hand, and I do indeed have AK, I am not raising the turn. If I view the villain as a good player, AND he views me as a good player I think raising the turn when you hit your king has two consequences:
1. he folds a worse hand
2. he 3 bets you
Both scenarios suck.

That is why I don't think this bluff will work. Against a mediocre player.......sure, good spot to bluff. Against a good player, hard to get away with stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have ak then you are indifferent to him folding qj/jt.

i'm not sure abou the other part of your argument either--do you really think the equilibrium strategy involves Mitch never raising the turn with any one-pair hands?