Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: turn check- raise and river check.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather b/f because I now feel compelled to fold once I check because we are clearly telling him we have entered our candy coated armadillo showdown shell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just cant put him on anything but a missed draw or a sd combo by the river.

I really dont have much of a read Hopp, its Cooper. I have only played a few hands with him. I think he gets tilty when he is losing, but this is my first hand at the table.

also I dont think he pays off with a worse hand. I have only showed down big hands in our limited playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, I don't think Cooper is prone to tilting. He is good, enjoys the game, and rarely stays too long. When he takes a bad beat he goes to his "happy place."

Nor do I consider him a TAG, at least not particularly agressive. He is pretty straight forward; doesn't get too fancy, plays premium hands, and is aware of position, pot size, etc.

And he doesn't push hard unless he has the nuts or near nuts. And often passes up a river value bet.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really dont have much of a read Hopp, its Cooper. I have only played a few hands with him. I think he gets tilty when he is losing, but this is my first hand at the table.

also I dont think he pays off with a worse hand. I have only showed down big hands in our limited playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, I don't think Cooper is prone to tilting. He is good, enjoys the game, and rarely stays too long. When he takes a bad beat he goes to his "happy place."

Nor do I consider him a TAG, at least not particularly agressive. He is pretty straight forward; doesn't get too fancy, plays premium hands, and is aware of position, pot size, etc.

And he doesn't push hard unless he has the nuts or near nuts. And often passes up a river value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive seen him tilt pretty bad a couple times, but ya B/f is especially the play here because he wont bluff raise you on the river.

so if he raises you can safely fold very confidently that he has you beat. he still might call with worse (QJ JT...) it just seems like a far superior play.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive seen him tilt pretty bad a couple times, but ya B/f is especially the play here because he wont bluff raise you on the river.

so if he raises you can safely fold very confidently that he has you beat. he still might call with worse (QJ JT...) it just seems like a far superior play.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet/fold, cooper will NEVER raise the river with a worse hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:17 AM

why is everybody think this "tag" good player has a J in his hand? he'd raise the turn 100% of the time. he most definitely has a draw here. if he had ANY pair, he would have raised the turn if he's any good.