Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Your first Eagle...

Time to bump this thread I guess! tight 305 yard par 4, water right, I was pushing for a birdie so I pulled out driver and aimed right. I hit a pretty fade to about 1 foot off the green in the fringe, leaving myself a straight-ish 20 foot uphill putt, which just curled into the left side of the cup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My playing partner managed to steal my glory three holes later by hitting a hybrid from 220 in the rough to 2 feet for eagle on the last par 5 :|, although it was his second eagle.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM

I've come very close twice. Both the same hole the same way

Par 5 462 yards with water curling from down the fairway on the right to across the fairway. A hit my first shot, a 5 wood, perfect down the middle about 20 yards short of the water. Next, I use a 3 iron to get to green in two. Miss about a 20 foot putt both times. I will probably play the course again sometime and I will be so excited if I do it.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Just got off the course an hour ago after shooting my first eagle. Par 4 400 yds. Drove it 255 then an 8 iron into the cup. Did not see it go in, my dad thought he saw it roll off. When we got to the green the first thing I di was look behind the green because there it was all short grass, no ball, then checked the hole,,,bingo!!!

What makes it extra special is that I suck and played my first 18 holes in June (shooting 147), now I am addicted, and broke 100 (from back tees) for the first time 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:03 PM

14 yrs old.

High school golf try outs.

5 wood off tee of a 310 yrd par 4.

Little sand wedge donk chip in.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM

14 years old, HS golf match.

360-yard par 4. Drove into a hazard area in between two creeks, tall grass. I catch a decent lie, figure I can get it out, and not only do I get it out but I knock it right in the hole. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM

I can't remember mine. I haven't read the thread yet but I'm assuming that most good players are in the same position.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:33 PM

I don't remember my first eagle. It was probably some luckbox hole-out from the fairway. My most memorable eagle, though, is also my least favorite:

About 5 years ago, I would play in a weekly $50 buyin skins game at the muni (Poplar Creek in San Mateo, CA) with a group of local club and minitour pros. I was playing to a ~3 handicap at the time, and was the weakest player in the group, but I enjoyed the competition. We were playing 8-man skins in 2 foursomes. I was in the first group. We get to the short (maybe 290 yds) par 4 7th, and all the skins are still carrying over from the beginning. I hit a 3wood off the tee to about 2 feet, kicked in the eagle putt and started celebrating.

Standing on the 8th tee, we had a view of the 7th green, and I breathed a sigh of relief when nobody in the 2nd group drove the green, or even got particularly close. Then my dreams were shattered as I watched the last guy in the group fly his 40yd pitch shot straight in for the push. That sucked.