Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: OK lets get this ball rolling (AP)

no, I haven't. The way he plays in my hands is similar to what has been described (rarely check/calling river etc.). I'll hopefully get some hands up today that I can comment on, but for now I would say that if this guy is cheating, he is doing it in 2 main ways:

1) Very rarely calling down with ace high, king high, or very small pairs when he is beat.

2) Attacking when his opponent has air that can't withstand aggression.

Obviously, it is pretty difficult to prove that someone doing these two things is cheating.

I have a large number of hands where he makes plays that are not optimal given that he knows my hand. For example 3betting the turn with 2nd pair when I have top two. This could of course be cover up though.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, I haven't. The way he plays in my hands is similar to what has been described (rarely check/calling river etc.). I'll hopefully get some hands up today that I can comment on, but for now I would say that if this guy is cheating, he is doing it in 2 main ways:

1) Very rarely calling down with ace high, king high, or very small pairs when he is beat.

2) Attacking when his opponent has air that can't withstand aggression.

Obviously, it is pretty difficult to prove that someone doing these two things is cheating.

I have a large number of hands where he makes plays that are not optimal given that he knows my hand. For example 3betting the turn with 2nd pair when I have top two. This could of course be cover up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's basically how I felt when I played Mark Seif - he played almost like he could see my cards, but did make a couple of FTOP suboptimal plays.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM

we took 71 hands to SD since 8/23

Im down 21k to him. Riiiiiigggghhhhtttt
Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 AM

this is a repost from another thread..
i spoke to stretch about it earlier, and he was surprised about graycat, so i asked him to post his hands against him.

edit: this is from before the patch
Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 PM

that graycat is playing a CLEARLY different style than post update graycat
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 PM

shneids, i def. respect your game and i'm sure you dont come off making accusations like this all the time. All I have is the old Graycat where he was a weak player in those bigger games. When was the last time you saw him on AP?

Also, Mark Seif is horrible at poker. There is no confusion there. I have him down 6 figures.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM

I know I'm not as big of a name as a lot of you, especially on here, but I just got a call from AP about the Aruba Classic and while on the phone with them asked them if they knew anything about this issue. They said they were already aware of it and it had no validity. Schneids you put this together very well, i'd be interested in seeing more posts like that. Obviously my history is mostly from April, where he clearly had no edge in the game.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heard about this thread in absolute chat box. Here is my hands against GrayCat. 1 session played on 8/06, 1 on 8/14 and 2 on 8/15. All hands against me. Comments to come shortly. I am far from convinced that he is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were convinced and now you are way beyond convinced and on your way up to conspiracy theories?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

far from convinced != way beyond convinced
Old 09-19-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way i see it he is up almost 100bb in 500 hands hu against you. He would have to be a fool to not give you a little excessive action on hands to keep your action.

You play a lot and im sure he would like to continue playing you if he is in fact cheating. spewing a few hands is almost necessary in a hu match of any significant duration to not instantly lose your action.

-brad