Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

-What should I have for a late dinner? The choices are corned beef sammich, frozen pizza, or spaghetti-O's. Also, should I go grocery shopping tomorrow?

-If someone held a gun to your head and forced you to name the one, and only one, quality that every good poker player should possess, what would your answer be?

-Short-handed mid-high online game, say a 6max table playing 5-handed. You open from the CO and a good sLAG 3bets OTB. What is your capping range? Assume that he knows who you are & your general playing style.

-If you could start from scratch & do it all over again, poker-wise, what (if anything) would you do differently?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another question: what was your best day of your poker life, and what the worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

best-- There was one day many many months ago where I was playing 2-5 tables of 200/400 from about 1pm to 7pm, and won $72,000 in the session. That would be what I consider my "best" day as a poker player, though there was also a day I won $101,000 in 500/1000 on stars. And then, there was the Party Poker Million win, which was very fun and satisfying; though I'd pick the 200/400 stars day because I am primarily a cash game player at heart, and that day was sick.

I can't really think of any "worst" days. There've been a ton of bad and a ton of frustrating days, but it's tough to pinpoint any I'd call the worst.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 PM

How did you like the U?

Did you complete your degree? (what was it?)

How much poker did you play online/ how often did you go to CP while you were in school?

Any other comments about the U?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really had to go sleep because you have work to do in the morning, but schneids is answering any question about the game you love, what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM him the Q and then go to sleep.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Hi Schneids. Thanks for doing this.

How are you going today?

What was the longest single session you have played?

What is the largest pot you have ever won?

What are the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits?

What winrate do you believe is possible for big online and live games today?

Who do you think are the best limit hold 'em players in the world? Online and live.

What do you think are optimal default stats in HUHU games?

WITHEG recommends default open-raising from the button with a certain 41% of hands (22+, A2s+, A3o+, K2s+, K9o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T8s+, T8o+, 97s+, 98o+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s+) in full to 3 handed games. What do you think of this?

What limit tournies have you won? Can you give us any tips for playing in limit tournies? How does correct strategy change from playing cash games?

What to you think is the greatest piece of music of all time?

Who is your favourite intellectual figure of all time?

Who do you think is the most physically attractive person in the world?

What is your favourite pizza topping?

If you could be any other person in the world, who would it be?

You are hosting a limit hold 'em home game. You may pick the number of seats and the stakes. You can choose to invite absolutely any person ever living or deceased and they will accept. Who do you invite and what stakes will you play?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

What was the most important change you made or thing you learned as you progressed from 20/40 or 30/60 to 200/400+
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take me back to the first session of playing 1k/2k. what kind of rush was that? i'm sure some of your action was covered, but can you convey what it's like to see pots equivalent to the sizes of some teacher's salary for an entire year? what kind of an edge did you have in that game? did you consciously try to steer yourself from thinking about the sheer dollars involved, and just try to play solidly? is it comparable to a 1/2 or 2/4 games or is the competition quite a step up from that as well(obviously i'm not talking about "1/2" or "2/4" micro/small stakes).

thanks again for doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It helped having half of myself sold out in that game. During the 06 wsop, I was playing a lot of 300/600 and 400/800 almost every day already, so it being 500/1000 in my mind made it not be too different.

There was one hand I flopped TPTK with AQ and turned two pair and ended up losing a big pot with it to a flopped set, which was a big pot (third guy in the middle too, so $40k+).

The game had been going all night already before I got there, so I think my edge mostly came from playing against really tired, slightly tilted guys chasing losses. I figured my edge was probably in the .5-1bb/100 type range, though that's pretty tough to estimate. I think when a game of this size does get going and gets fuller (as was the case that night), it's usually going to be a better game than the 300/600 game.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks for doing this.

Do you play any other games besides hold'em? If so, do you have any tips for picking up a second game?

Through your poker career, what things have you done to improve your play (i.e. review hands ect.)? Have you done anything that you feel is uncommon among 2p2'ers?

Can you describe a couple of spots where you mix your play (i.e. 40% call 40% fold 10% raise) and why you mix your play in the way you do in those spots?

Could you explain a hand where you make a play (not based on a specific read) that most 2p2'ers would disagree with but you're sure is right?

What's the last improvement you made to your game?

When you teach people how to play, what methods do you find most effective?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 PM

mr. schneids,

what is the meaning of life?

what is your favorite non-HE poker game? your least favorite?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was one hand I flopped TPTK with AQ and turned two pair and ended up losing a big pot with it to a flopped set

[/ QUOTE ]

standard.

[ QUOTE ]
which was a big pot (third guy in the middle too, so $40k+).

[/ QUOTE ]

well, okay. not so standard.
Closed Thread