Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Schneids is in \"The Well\"

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Wednesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Wednesday, it’s your day in the well .

Well this is my Wednesday in The Well which will consist of Monday/Tuesday of this week.

You may ask me any question about whatever you like. I will answer to the best of my abilities if I choose to answer your question.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

What do you consider your strongest part of your game, and what is your weakest part?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM

when you play live, do you ever make "feeler" plays? what i'm getting at is that it seems the best limit players always put in the right amount of action with their hands vs different players at different times. sometimes you can correctly fold AJs preflop vs someone, and then soon after you can correctly three bet that same player with the same hand....based on "feel," "tells," "metagame" or something.

in other words...whenever you have a decision to make that can go either way and that isnt obvious...what are you taking into consideration?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Do you really run at 3 BB/100? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you consider your strongest part of your game, and what is your weakest part?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would my biggest strength is a toss-up btwn a few things:
1) tiltless and good BR management.
2) very very good understanding of the table flow and how that might effect decisions that could go different ways.
3) i'm a pretty quick thinker and have great pattern recognition and logic abiliities.

weakest:
1) I don't play enough hands anymore and let suckouts get to me too quickly (which usually causes me to stop playing)
2) I sometimes make river payoffs as I'm simultaneously thinking to myself "why am I calling, I know I'm beat." The session usually gets ended when that happens.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you play live, do you ever make "feeler" plays? what i'm getting at is that it seems the best limit players always put in the right amount of action with their hands vs different players at different times. sometimes you can correctly fold AJs preflop vs someone, and then soon after you can correctly three bet that same player with the same hand....based on "feel," "tells," "metagame" or something.

in other words...whenever you have a decision to make that can go either way and that isnt obvious...what are you taking into consideration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do, and it's pretty damn tough to explain how or why... Sometimes it's even as simple as "well this is what I feel like doing this time." But oftentimes, the biggest factor for me is how everyone's running and whether I think the opponent is running in a way where his plays are going to be predictable in one direction or another. For example, when some people get caught semi-bluffing once or twice, they might clam up and start playing super straight forward.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really run at 3 BB/100? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Stars 100/200 and 200/400, no. I did for an extended time period in some lower games back in the day the games were softer (and Nikla and I were two of the pioneers of the 29/22 style of 6max play on 2p2), but like a lot of things, stories grow grander and larger as time goes by.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:00 PM

Another question: what was your best day of your poker life, and what the worst?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 PM

If you really had to go sleep because you have work to do in the morning, but schneids is answering any question about the game you love, what would you do?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 PM

take me back to the first session of playing 1k/2k. what kind of rush was that? i'm sure some of your action was covered, but can you convey what it's like to see pots equivalent to the sizes of some teacher's salary for an entire year? what kind of an edge did you have in that game? did you consciously try to steer yourself from thinking about the sheer dollars involved, and just try to play solidly? is it comparable to a 1/2 or 2/4 games or is the competition quite a step up from that as well(obviously i'm not talking about "1/2" or "2/4" micro/small stakes).

thanks again for doing this.
Closed Thread