Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Brag: Fully recovered from $17K downswing (lollercoaster)

[ QUOTE ]
suicide much during the first 54k hands?

[/ QUOTE ] I started my poker career at the nanolimits, from a 90 cent bankroll. Because of that, I've gotten really really good at not thinking about the actual money involved, but always thinking about every hand in terms of big blinds and relative pot size (i.e. I think of a $150 bet into a $225 pot as a 2/3PSB, not even noticing it's $150 into a $225 pot). This mentality allows me to play $.01/$.02 as seriously as I currently play $5/$10, and I'll play just as well when I move up too. It did take me a very long time to attain this way of thinking.
[ QUOTE ]
nice recovery xD you did well to stick to 5/10 - if that was me i would have been tilting off my whole roll at 25/50 after that sick downswing lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually after losing $14K or so I took a short break from $5/$10 and played mostly $3/$6 and $2/$4. I'm very disciplined about not moving up when I'm on a downswing.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Wow, I didn't realize you began with 90c.

Sick brag man, gg.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:12 PM

What were you playing around hands 64K-65K when there was a huge jump?

Also, what did you start doing differently to go from breaking even at 100NL to playing 1000NL in under 140K or so hands?

Edit: 'gratz on the downswing recovery, too.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were you playing around hands 64K-65K when there was a huge jump?

[/ QUOTE ]
I ran super duper hot in my first days starting primarily $2/$4. Also a huge fish on my buddy list was in a $7.5/$15 game, and I took a shot against him (the game was 3-handed including myself, and I had position), and stacked him in a $3300 pot, which is still the largest pot I've ever won. Considering I'm playing mostly $5/$10 now, I hope that I'll break that personal record soon.
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what did you start doing differently to go from breaking even at 100NL to playing 1000NL in under 140K or so hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I felt like I had really hit a wall in the months of 10/06 to 12/06, so I basically quit poker (took a hiatus really), then in 02/07 I decided that it's time to take this game seriously and beat it. So I moved down to $.05/$.10 NL to rebuild my confidence and try to identify leaks, and moved up as my winrate (and bankroll, which at the time was $5K) allowed. I also joined CardRunners, which has (and still does) played a huge part in improving my game.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly 5/10, some 3/6, and a little 2/4.
Since the beginning of September (which is when I started playing primarily 5/10):

2007 all together:

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you run this graph in pokertracker?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:10 AM

dmoogle,

i'm always interested to see your bbv posts as you seem to only focus on the pokers, and neglect hookers and blow.

my question is, out of that 50k or so you've made this year (before rakeback?) how much have you actually withdrawn and spent on trivial shtt like a kid of your age should?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:20 AM

Yes, how much have you spent? Based on what I've seen of your decision making skills, you probably haven't spent much of it on dumb stuff.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:37 AM

vnh, good job
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 AM

nice dmoogle.

this my graph since May...took a long break from poker...started back at 100nl most of this is hu, but some 6 max and little full ring.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my question is, out of that 50k or so you've made this year (before rakeback?) how much have you actually withdrawn and spent on trivial shtt like a kid of your age should?

[/ QUOTE ]
Last night when I went out to dinner with some friends I got a blackberry lemonade instead of a soda EVEN THOUGH it was $1 extra. Yeah, I'm a balla.

Very nice graph, easycall. I'd really like to learn HU, it seems that potential winrates can be much higher than 6-max.

mj2, those graphs are made using a free program called PokerGrapher, which can be downloaded here.

BTW our server made a mistake and just charged the lemonade for the same price as a soda. So I'm running $1 over expectation for that dinner.