Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Default What should I do here?

HISTORY: this guy sat down like 25 hands ago and is running at 46/26 and ive been 3betting him a ton of hands. For the most part he has folded. When he has smooth called he has shown down sooted crap, but this time he 3bets me.

Muck JJ?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $19.25
BTN: $50
Hero (SB): $54
BB: $23.35
UTG: $30.95

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.50</font>, Hero?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: What should I do here?

With no previous preflop 3-bets, I fold. Although he could have AK and you're in a coin flip, he could also easilly have AA, KK, or QQ.

This is very player dependent, but based on your description of his play so far, I fold.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 PM

To me, a 4-bet means AA/KK, even against a LAG like this. I agree with the 3-bet since he is a maniac but there isn't really anything you're beating except AK and more doubtful AQ.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:14 PM

he 4bets you and yes, you should fold this time. You can't flat call here and if you push, you will be a huge dog way more often than a slight favorite over AK, esp. when he has reacted nittily to your 3bets all the time.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy sat down like 25 hands ago and is running at 46/26 and ive been 3betting him a ton of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm felting this.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:20 PM

He has lagtard stats. He's only been at the table for 25 hands and you've already been "3betting him a ton of hands". He's shown down "suited crap" after calling 3bets. Now he makes a small 4bet after opening OTB.

There's no way I'm folding this.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:24 PM

I actually think that OP's read isn't half as good as he is presenting it here. 25 hands is a small sample and he has raised like 8 or 9 of those preflop. I don't know how OP wants to have 3bet him tons, have villain fold for the most part and show down suited crap for the rest in that amount of time. And since villain has always just smooth called, I think OP isn't in a shape as good as he thinks. At least not when he pushes. And that is his only option next to folding.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM

If he's calling 3-bets OoP with suited crap, I could easily see him 4-betting medium or even small pairs especially if you've 3-bet him "a ton" within 25 hands. Lagtards tend to get very proud and refused to get pushed around, making a stand with relatively poor hands: I think a reasonable range is 88-AA, AJ+ with the occasional random "refuse to be pushed around" 33 thrown in.
Although at microstakes a 4-bet is usually AA, after repeatedly 3-betting lagtard villain I think this is a good spot to stick it in with jacks.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think that OP's read isn't half as good as he is presenting it here. 25 hands is a small sample and he has raised like 8 or 9 of those preflop. I don't know how OP wants to have 3bet him tons, have villain fold for the most part and show down suited crap for the rest in that amount of time. And since villain has always just smooth called, I think OP isn't in a shape as good as he thinks. At least not when he pushes. And that is his only option next to folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats were a little inacurate, but he was opening EVERY SINGLE POT, and my PAHUD hasnt been working that well. After going back I realized that I had about 75 hands on him and he was 50/30. I folded this hand because I had no idea what to do and It was the first hand he had actually 4bet me on. I had won about 4-5 medium sized pots off of him after having 3bet him multiple times and showing down good hands.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM

I think the fact you've been 3-betting him a lot makes this close. There's a good possibility he's getting frustrated with the 3-bets and decided to play back at you. I think I'm felting this. If he really has it this time, oh well, make a note that when he plays back he probably has it.