Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Default NL100: QQ in the CO line check

Villain was like 40/8, relatively passive but I didn't have more than 30 hands on him at the time.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($98.50)</font>
Button ($94.05)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($224.60)</font>
BB ($27.75)
UTG ($103.60)
UTG+1 ($104.50)
MP1 ($99.05)
MP2 ($17.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22</font>, SB calls $14.

<font color="blue"> I'm assuming this flop range is standard. After his call, I'm 'narrowing' his range to 89, JT-AT, 33, 66-JJ, AK. QQ is about a 3:1 favorite at this point over this range.</font>

Turn: ($53) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> I checked this turn for pot control, plannin to call a blank river bet, seeing as a set already has me crushed, and AK/AT just went ahead. Should I be betting here? Am I passing up on value from a straight draw/AT/JT/small pp? </font>

River: ($53) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

<font color="blue"> Folding seems super weak, raising doesn't seem like it has any value, so calling seemed to be the right play here. Any other thoughts on the river as played? </font>

Final Pot: $73
Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: NL100: QQ in the CO line check

Honestly, I prefer just calling the flop. After that the rest is standard though.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:43 AM

I like your line, though I prefer the flopbet to be a little higher more like 26-28$.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 AM

Agree with raising more on flop - pot is 33, id go for 28-30 or thereabouts, rest plays out pretty standard for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:39 AM

If he 3bets your flop raise are you folding? I think that is a pretty bad line if thats the case. I usually would hate stacking off here on the flop and thats why I'd just call. If you have a read that he leads/calls or b3b with weak hands though then the raise is fine as long as you get it in on blank turns or whatever or call his flop shove.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 AM

I probably raise this flop more than I should. I agree with CDLs comments, as I'd feel like a chump folding to a 3b, and I'd feel even worse getting stacked.

CDL, are you c/c a psb on the turn? If he fires close to pot all 3 streets, are you ever giving it up?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

why raise this flop? 40/x donks typically bet into the PFR when they have a weak hand and are scared of playing poker.

raising such a dry flop creates problems later on when the pot becomes too big and we find out villain actually has a hand/monster.

call this flop, then either call the turn or bet the turn for value. if he calls the turn bet, i bet the river again for value because by then we know he's an uber donk that b/c with weak hands (like KTo ATo QTo or even worse kickers)
Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably raise this flop more than I should. I agree with CDLs comments, as I'd feel like a chump folding to a 3b, and I'd feel even worse getting stacked.

CDL, are you c/c a psb on the turn? If he fires close to pot all 3 streets, are you ever giving it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it blanks out then I'll call down. I will definitely fold to a big bet if an A or T comes and if he fires big on turn and river I might fold on the river with the K on board. Otherwise I just call this spewtard down.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM

Yeah, as I look at this again, I think calling the flop might be more of a pot control mechanism, because folding to a 3bet does seem like a terrible plan.

So let's say I just call the flop bet and the K comes again. He fires a psb - fold? He bets half pot - call? he checks, check behind?

I think I fold to a big bet on the turn, probably go into call-down mode if he bets half pot, and would check behind on the turn and call a small bet on the river. How do these lines seem?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, as I look at this again, I think calling the flop might be more of a pot control mechanism, because folding to a 3bet does seem like a terrible plan.

So let's say I just call the flop bet and the K comes again. He fires a psb - fold? He bets half pot - call? he checks, check behind?

I think I fold to a big bet on the turn, probably go into call-down mode if he bets half pot, and would check behind on the turn and call a small bet on the river. How do these lines seem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call most turn bets on a king. Probably bet it if he checked it to me and then check behind on rivers if he c/c turn. Check behind turn is ok too though. If I checked behind turn I'd call all non-ten non-A rivers.