Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default Re: Looking for Large Chart to Hang on Wall

[ QUOTE ]
How in Gods Green Earth is 72o better than 72s?

[/ QUOTE ]
You have two chances at flush instead of one, ldo
Old 11-11-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be because this table is based on actual statistics on how people play these cards (not how they should). Everyone knows not to play 72o, so it's hardly ever played, which means they lose the minimum with it. It seems that some people are playing hands like 72s and 32s (at least under some conditions), so they're throwing away money trying make flushes with these awful cards. This makes their average EV even lower than hands people muck without thinking about it. I know I will play any 2 suited cards from the small blind if there are enough limpers. So the times that 72s is voluntarily played adds to its negative EV.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Get pokerstove, get it to calculate top 20% of hands, make a poster yourself. Job done and won't cost you much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be because this table is based on actual statistics on how people play these cards (not how they should). Everyone knows not to play 72o, so it's hardly ever played, which means they lose the minimum with it. It seems that some people are playing hands like 72s and 32s (at least under some conditions), so they're throwing away money trying make flushes with these awful cards. This makes their average EV even lower than hands people muck without thinking about it. I know I will play any 2 suited cards from the small blind if there are enough limpers. So the times that 72s is voluntarily played adds to its negative EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that A2 is a better hand than AA, because it is easier to lay down after the flop once you miss. I think yo are correct in your analysis of this chart. It says that QT > KQ, A9s > AJo. This chart is rediculous, please don't use it, unless you are playing me.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 PM

That chart isn't a chart of what's best, it's a chart of what people win and lose the most money with. If you're playing heads up, A2o is way better than 32o, but that chart has it as a worse hand than 32o. It's because people with ace fever overplay it, losing lots of money. As a chart, it's more useful as an indicator of herd psychology than as a guide to what you should be playing.