Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Shorty open raises, donkey calls, my worst re-raise with KK

I made a blunder so clearly awful tonight that the only sensible place to post it may be on the beginner’s forum; it was a mistake that no even minimally experience player should ever make. But I deserve to be ridiculed, I'm not sure the beginner's forum is up to it. You guys are I hope.

Anyway, the hand was played in a $3/$5 blind $200 fixed buy NL game in an LA area card club. A decent player with exactly $132 (the semi-short stack) open raises UTG+1 for $17 ($12 raise). A complete donkey (who has me substantially covered) calls the raise cold from middle position. His cold calling range is just about any two cards; he is there to gamble and spew chips. All fold to me in the SB. I look down and see black kings. I’m $360 deep.

Naturally I’m going to raise and now the question is how much. Let’s exclude silly little mini-reraises and any raise larger than the semi short stacks remaining $115 in chips; that's a favorite to kill action I want.

I’m fairly certain I made the worse size re=raise (rounded to the nearest $5 after the call of $17 including my small blind).

How much did I re-raise and why was it horrible?

Hope you guys have some fun and perhaps learn something (along with me) with this. But if all you do is make fun of me and ridiclue me remember I deserve it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I’ll get back tomorrow early afternoon PST.

Regards,

Rick