Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 AM

Default No Limit player looking to learn. Typical mistakes?

Is there anything in particular that you guys feel is just a dead giveaway that an opponent is primarily a no limit player out of his depth at limit? Say youīre sitting at one of your regular games and an unknown takes a seat. What would make you realize that this guy (or gal) is used to the no limit format and how will you exploit this?
Like title says - what are the biggest, and most typical, mistakes that no limit players trying to learn limit will make?
I saw Dean make a post on 2+2 once where he said how great it was when no limit players sat down at his games and he then gave the reasons why....but I canīt find that post. I remember one reason was that they (we) kept missing bets and I agree on that. Am working on it though.

One thing I tend to do is to fire far too many bullets with AK/AQ unimproved for instance. I play low limits and when I donīt meet resistance on a dry board with one of these hands I just fire away. Managed to spew away 150 BBīs yesterday and it seems that this was one of the main reasons. Also I would call down with ppīs with an overcard on the flop too often because an opponent donked into me and I thought "well he would checkraise with top pair right, gotta at least call. Itīs only 3 bets...."