Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: cardroomsupply / weber tables

I don't know the specific brand of my octaganol table but I can tell you I don't like playing on it. I believe its 48" across and it's really too small for 8, or even 6 players. 4 is good. I also don't like the chip cutouts. Chips don't fit well in them and if you play NL it's impossible to have any idea what a player has. If you plan to have 8 play I would recommend going with a 60" table. I would still suggest trying to find one and sitting at it with guys on either side to get a feel for elbow room. Maybe even bring some cards and chips and spread them out on the table to see how much felt area gets used up.

But the table looks really great in my front room. Did I mention it was the wife's idea.

I made 3 of my own Hold'em style tables - 84" x 42". Took me most of a Saturday and a little bit of Sunday. Jigsaw and an electric staple gun are the only real tools you need. Total cost around $300-$350. I used folding legs for easy storage and transport.

Also check out www.homepokertourney.com for some additional links to building tables.

Good Luck

ps. should you choose to build your own you can save a lot of time, and some expense by not having a racetrack, which is what I did. If I was to build another to replace the octagonal table I would put in a racetrack and get some nice legs too.