Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Interesting turn decision, 3/6 Live.

This was my very first hand from a very long and fruitful session this evening. The game is a 3/6 at a local cardroom which pretty much plays into SSH's realm of players. Usually you will get 4-10 players to a flop with plenty of cold calling raises.

I post in the hijack and look down to see Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after 2 limpers. I check my option, the co and button both limp behind, the sb completes, and the bb raps the table.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] All check to me and I bet. Hijack folds, button calls, sb folds, bb calls, ep limper calls, mp limper folds.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] All check to me, I bet, button raises, bb folds, ep limper folds.

Call or 3 bet? What is your plan for the river?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Interesting turn decision, 3/6 Live.

I would 3 bet it. There's not much he could have. I would say he probably has a set or two pair at this point. Either way you don't want the board to pair, which there's not much you can do about it if he rivers out on you.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say he probably has a set or two pair at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so sure he can't have a flush? That said, you beat most flushes so 3bet.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:17 AM

I would definitely three bet and call a cap.

I'd bet/call any river card.

At this level, he might be baffled that you'd bet your made flush, and not try and get fancy.

If he has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], then whatever. That's just bad luck. You're going to be up against far worse most all the time.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think villain caps and then checks through a brick river?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

At this level, he might be baffled that you'd bet your made flush, and not try and get fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point and think it is a good thing to consider, but he called the flop and raised the turn which usually means monster.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think villain caps and then checks through a brick river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 100% with AxKh. All other hands, not so much (but then again, I haven't slept in 20 hours.)
Old 06-17-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point and think it is a good thing to consider, but he called the flop and raised the turn which usually means monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is, though, that at this level live, he might think any smaller flopped flush is a monster. I always assume that the villain is a jackass until he proves otherwise - which doesn't really take that long at a 3/6 table.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 PM

AxKh isnt really in a buttons limping range after a couple limpers very often vs all

u have to 3bet here, for starters his line looks more like protection than value. He may not raise the turn here knocking out everyone imbetween with the nuts (esp since noone will have to call 2 cold with the nut flush draw). Whether u call down a cap, call a cap and raise call or raise cap the river is about a read.

Whether u raise the river depends on whether u think he caps most all flushes on the turn (alot of his range are SC type hands) or whether hed be more likely to assume u have atleast a flush when u 3bet and not like 2 pair (u did just post tho so he may just be playing his 2 cards and cap a flush cuz its a good hand which is fair).

There are a ton of worse hands, but if u raise the river after he caps he should be thinking flush, but once he 3bets u only need to be ahead >50% if 4 bets is the cap and there are probably atleast as many worse flush hands hed play this way as Khxh so a cap seems fine. If 4 bets isnt the cap on the river its closer but not out of the question vs most tardos, but i mite just call at that point.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:40 PM

If he has the nut flush he just shut out 2 players on the turn on an unpaired board. This is an easy 3bet/c. If he 4-bets(cap?) I c/c river, otherwise b/c river.