Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Post a childhood memory

[ QUOTE ]

Another fav memory of Hawaii is anytime it rained. Up Nanakuli valley there was an area where the water would pool up into a big pond. Right in the middle of the pond was a 15-20 ft high cliff.

One random rainy afternoon my best friend and I went exploring when someone said that there was a bunch of people somewhere near the high school. On the way up we ran into my friend's brother who guided us the rest of the way. When we get there the whole high school including my brother was there. FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!! I had the best time that day.

I love Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glo: I love Hawaii too and some of my favorite childhood memories are of Manoa after the rain.

I remember watching my cousin David skateboard around his neighborhood after it had rained and thinking his life was so cool in Hawaii. My sister and I would run around trying to catch the toads that came out after a rain, hoping to save them from the cars. We thought it was just the greatest thing in the world. (lol - I remember thinking my cousin was pretty weird for chasing the squirrels when he visited us in the midwest.)

I also remember David's dad cooking dinner for us outside on their patio, and thinking the hibachi meat smelled amazing and wishing he would hurry up. I used to think he was really cool until I found out that he was actually a mean bastard who kept a stick above the doorway for smacking his kids. Then I didn’t really know what to think about him. I remember me and my sister being amused by my uncle’s family because their white church shoes were lined up in a row according to size, from large to small. They would wear white pants and white shoes to church.

lol, also remember my uncle would tease me because I could sit in my wicker chair for hours and watch endless TV sitcoms while eating Mr. Salty pretzels. Those were good days!

Funny the stuff we remember [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Blarg: I've never known anyone who lived in Guam. Your post brings back memories of the times my sisters and I played at the Pali on Oahu. The winds are strong there (not sure why) and I remember laughing my head off as we tried to run into the wind and thinking it was just hilarious to shout at each other. My mom has some cool pictures of us kids up there in that mountain pass with our hair and jackets flying upwards. It wasn’t dangerous like a typhoon, just super windy.

Runkmud: The image of you coloring in your cul-de-sac is really, really sweet. I had forgotten how I used to love coloring books! Getting a new one was always a big deal to me.

I have occasionally heard about dogs like yours but sadly have never met one. You were really lucky with your Snuffy and the forests behind your home. Sounds awesome.

Thanks everyone for sharing your childhood memories [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
These were really fun! Please feel free to post more memories in this thread because it really cheers me up and it’s a great read.

- Pryor, a memory? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]