Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Anything wrong with my line?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what the "whining" comment was about though? Was it directed at someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, ask yourself: "Would I post this hand if my opponent had JJ and I won?" No, because it's uber-standard. So basically you're asking either how to fold the 3rd nuts or you're just trying to vent and receive consolation that it's a cooler and you're a good poker player.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He will call with any 5, with an overpair, with some random straight draws, and maybe even with AK type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually hoping he was on a "5" when I raised on the end. I don't see him calling a raise with AK or any draw except OESD, and I felt like that assumption was a long-shot, certainly on the flop; it would mean he called 5x the BB with utter crap. You're right about the over-pair.

I really think the money is getting in here anyway with the OP or "5". I think I lose him with just about any draw that could get there that I beat.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what the "whining" comment was about though? Was it directed at someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, ask yourself: "Would I post this hand if my opponent had JJ and I won?" No, because it's uber-standard. So basically you're asking either how to fold the 3rd nuts or you're just trying to vent and receive consolation that it's a cooler and you're a good poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for some confirmation that it's a cooler, I don't see how that at all constitutes "whining". What I was wondering about primarily was my re-raise on the end. I didn't ask whether I should have folded, I asked if my line was okay.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 AM

Like I said, your money got in.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for some confirmation that it's a cooler, I don't see how that at all constitutes "whining". What I was wondering about primarily was my re-raise on the end. I didn't ask whether I should have folded, I asked if my line was okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly nothing wrong with raising the river. For value you should have raised sooner.

But seriously, surely there are tougher spots than this hand to ask about if your primary aim is to receive strategy advice. You can post bad beat hands like this in the Microbrew thread in the future to avoid clutter (at least I think that's okay). It's natural to want someone to sympathize with you and tell you it's not your fault when you take a beat or get coolered, but every time you post a hand like this someone else's actual strategy post gets bumped off the front page.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly nothing wrong with raising the river. For value you should have raised sooner.

But seriously, surely there are tougher spots than this hand to ask about if your primary aim is to receive strategy advice. You can post bad beat hands like this in the Microbrew thread in the future to avoid clutter (at least I think that's okay). It's natural to want someone to sympathize with you and tell you it's not your fault when you take a beat or get coolered, but every time you post a hand like this someone else's actual strategy post gets bumped off the front page.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yeah the micro table forum is such a sacred place, I would really hate to defile it.

The whole point of posting strategy questions is that one is always unsure of how one should have played the hand. I didn't say I was exclusively looking for confirmation of a bad beat.

I'm so sick of this place and all the people who fall all over themselves to criticize posting etiquette.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:13 PM

ok it's the first time that people speak about me in this forum, so i have to reply.

first sorry for me engish, i dont speak it very well.

me analitic for this hand is this:

u in the flop bet so less i make call, in this situation, i usualy reraise to get more information about if u have the 5, the 6 or what, but i dont remmenber why, i just call, a movement i dont like but i did, then i saw the ten on the turn, ok now i have the 2šnut (55 is stil the nuts). u bet, i call again, and finaly you bet on the river, i reraise, and in this moment, why you go allin? just call or reraise there are a lot of hand will win you, just my opinion