Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Plz fold everybody

I'm not really winning lately so you will see me posting more hands in the next few days.

UTG2 is ultraloose and relatively passive. MP2 has a VPIP of 18% but has raised exactly once in 120 hands. MP1 is my best buddy of all time with a VPIP of 100% (!) and a PFR of 77% (!!). This session was 10 hands old and I had yet to see him check or call or fold. It would be so nice to be able to seat select...

Off to the hand:

Limit: $1/$2
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.
<font color="blue">Easy call. My hand is rather speculative but that doesn't matter. I don't suffer from any cut implied odds because if I want him to, MP1 is going to cap every street for me. I'm basically playing $2/$4 against horrible opponents. I'd actually 3-bet this if it wasn't for the rather tight MP2 in the hand.</font>

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13SB, 6 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero does what now?

<font color="blue">Ok, I have a weak TP. I definately want to show this down against MP1 but would prefer to loose everybody else ASAP.

1. Raise now and hope it gets folded to MP1 who will 3-bet and _maybe_ force out MP2.

2. Call this bet and check-raise the turn facing everybody (who is left) with calling two bets.
Downsides:
- People get to draw to anything.
- I have to be very afraid of a J,K or A on the turn.

Which do you choose?</font>
Old 03-16-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Plz fold everybody

my immediate reaction is to raise the flop. your TP isn't THAT weak and the board is pretty dry. You also have redraws to a BDFD.Your TPgK is probably the best hand right now.

based on mp1's past play, we really don't need to be afraid that he has JJ+.

I also dont think your hand is strong enough to just call here and give away cheap-ish cards.

this is an easy flop raise IMO. will be interesting to see what the others think.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:14 AM

Yeah, definitively raise. Should at least drive UTG out.

I think it's a very good flop for you.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 AM

If you were sure MP1 was going to raise for you, then maybe donk the flop?

As played c/r/c, c/c, b/c would be the line i'd take (turn and river assuming we're HU)
Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 AM

Raise. No point in getting tricky.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 AM

Very easy flop raise.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Raise now and hope it gets folded to MP1 who will 3-bet and _maybe_ force out MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do this. Give UTG and UTG+2 a chance to fold their overcards. Plus, there is a good chance you have the best hand right now.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Call this bet and check-raise the turn facing everybody (who is left) with calling two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
If UTG or UTG+2 call, this isn't going to be possible with MP2 calling as well.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 AM

This is an easy raise for me.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do this. Give UTG and UTG+2 a chance to fold their overcards. Plus, there is a good chance you have the best hand right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm pretty sure I have the best hand right now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If UTG or UTG+2 call, this isn't going to be possible with MP2 calling as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assume MP1 will bet and 3-Bet so I would be facing UTG1 and UTG2 with calling two cold and MP2 with calling the 3-Bet after having called one. So basically I _would_ be facing everybody with calling two big bets.

I do accept the "raise" consensus though. It's also what I did there. I was just questioning whether a flopraise properly protects my hand.

For those who like results:
<font color="white">No overcards fell and I ended up losing to the maniac who rivered two pari with 72o.</font>
Old 03-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy c/r on the flop. You'll give the UTGs about 6.5:1 which is enough to drive out most draws(i doubt they'll call with any pair here, even though they are close to correctly doing so).

Get this field out with a CR and play with the maniac.