Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Beat: Amazon.com Knows about my downswing

Miles: I think you best play would have been finishing that project or at least preparing it in a way that somebody else can finish it and have them write you a letter of reference (or sign one you wrote yourself) in return.
That way you will be able to get back into a normal job a lot easier if you ever want to (online poker dies down; you start getting sick of poker and so on).
Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Miles: I think you best play would have been finishing that project or at least preparing it in a way that somebody else can finish it and have them write you a letter of reference (or sign one you wrote yourself) in return.
That way you will be able to get back into a normal job a lot easier if you ever want to (online poker dies down; you start getting sick of poker and so on).

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, many big employers don't ask for letters of reference anymore. the simple reason being that it's a big liability if someone writes a negative reference.

as long as miles wasn't fired and he did in fact work the dates that he puts on any future applications, he's good to go.

all that many big employers are looking for is documented misbehaviour/reprimands, misrepresentation by people poeple, or if a person is fired. sorry for awful grammar. all miles needs is somebody to confirm the dates that he worked with his employer.

and if someone ever writes a bad reference for you, you can take them to court, old school. especially if you were never formally reprimanded or fired.

miles left within the remit of his contract. he wasn't fired, nor (presumably) was he written up for being a bad dyson. so he's in the pink and his former employer can bugger off.

it does depend on alot of other factors too of course. smaller employers sometimes ask for personal recommendations. same principle applies tho.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 AM

ok. So I figured out this 6-max thing. Just blunt force aggression so people either fold or pay you off when you have AA. This game is easy.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: I Knew It! I\'m Surrounded By Boobers! (NC Thread)

Miles' boss: "Hello Miles. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and come
in tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great. Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to
come in Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks."

Miles: "I, uh, I don't like my job. I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Miles the next day: "I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 AM

miles is a real straight shooter with middle management written all over him.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Oh Snitch, so pure, so innocent.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Miles' boss: "Hello Miles. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and come
in tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great. Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to
come in Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks."

Miles: "I, uh, I don't like my job. I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Miles the next day: "I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL it's exactly like that! Way to live the Office Space dream.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM

What? Totally sustainable wiht my supreme pokah skilz. I am so in the groove right now. Someone should seriously pick me for HULA first draft.

Best hand tonight. Some guy limps UTG, I raise OTB with KTs. Heads-up to the flop. Flop comes 6xx. He checks, I check. Turn comes 6. He bets. I fold. He shows 66 in the hole. I just knew.

Also, I'm going to bed now. My mouse just broke. Optical mouse. Just stopped working. Light is out and nobody is home. Do you have any idea how many links there are to tab through on these pages if you want to post?!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok. So I figured out this 6-max thing. Just blunt force aggression so people either fold or pay you off when you have AA. This game is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

...were you playing 3 or 4 handed the entire time?

EDIT - grrr, just saw your most recent post. I got leveled
Old 03-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Actually, it was very short handed most of the time yes.
Closed Thread