Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-17-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: - WSOP ME FT: Meet the Final Nine -

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jerry Yang is a 39-year-old psychologist and social worker from southern California. He holds a Masters Degree in health psychology. Yang was born in Laos. He is married and has six children.

Jerry has two sons and five daughters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm. So does he have 6 or 7 kids?

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to make fun of Jerry's hermaphroditic child during his 15-minutes of fame.

Jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question still stands douchebag...does he have 6 or 7 kids. As usual, we have conflicting reports from 2 different media outlets.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
win against Scotty with 10''s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is something to be proud of.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The question still stands douchebag...does he have 6 or 7 kids. As usual, we have conflicting reports from 2 different media outlets.

[/ QUOTE ]

...wow. You clearly didn't get that he was joking.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jerry Yang is a 39-year-old psychologist and social worker from southern California. He holds a Masters Degree in health psychology. Yang was born in Laos. He is married and has six children.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're hard to count when there's so many of them.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They're hard to count when there's so many of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was his house before they sold his kids for the sake of scientific experiments.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh. Perhaps my attempted humor would have gone over better if i said: "They're both correct. Way to make fun of Jerry's hermaphroditic child during his 15-minutes of fame."

You see, he has two sons, five daughters, and only six children...because the hermaphrodite is both a son and a daughter.

I'm "witty."
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: Alex reports he's got a cold from all the lack of vodka and hasn't been feeling well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh. Perhaps my attempted humor would have gone over better if i said: "They're both correct. Way to make fun of Jerry's hermaphroditic child during his 15-minutes of fame."

You see, he has two sons, five daughters, and only six children...because the hermaphrodite is both a son and a daughter.

I'm "witty."

[/ QUOTE ]

You got 2nd leveled... or you are 3rd leveling. I am not sure.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM

Lee Watkinson, a 40 year old poker pro from Cheny, WA is a Full Tilt Pro, with a 2006 WSOP bracelet in the $10,000 PLO event, starting at the FT with 9,925,000 in chips.

Pictured here with his girlfriend after the bracelet win:

According to the Hendon Mob Lee's cashes total $2,677,668

Lee has finished in the money in the ME three of the last four years, (45th in 2005, and 113th in 2004.)
Cardplayer describes Lee as:

Lee Watkinson is a 40-year-old poker pro, businessman, and animal rights activist from Cheney, Wash. He is one of only two players at the final table who currently owns a WSOP gold bracelet. In 2006, Watkinson won the Pot-Limit Omaha World Championship. He owns a few businesses as well, including a record company and a clothing line - which were started exclusively with his poker winnings. The Washington State native holds a degree in economics, which perhaps explains why Watkinson is so astute as an investor and poker professional. Yet, often when he is interviewed Watkinson is quick to shift everyone's attention to a greater, more humanitarian purpose. Watkins and his fiancé Timmi DeRosa share a commitment to rescuing and retiring captive chimpanzees, many of which have been used in everything from movies to research laboratories.

Here's a Pokerlistings interview with Lee after his bracelet win:

How do you feel after winning your first WSOP bracelet?

I feel elated - relieved and elated. It's great. I've been on a cold streak, and this was the first time I've made it past the dinner break in this World Series.

You have finished in second place a number of times. Do you feel relieved to have finally won a major tournament?

Yes, it's a relief. I lost a huge pot in the beginning of heads-up, and I was starting to think that I'm never going to win a tournament, but it's nice to know I can do it.

From Wikipedia:

Watkinson made back-to-back World Poker Tour (WPT) final tables during its third season. The first time he finished 2nd to Eli Elezra, and the second time he finished 2nd again, this time to Doyle Brunson.

And:

He is an economics graduate and quotes wrestling and surfing as his main interests outside of poker. He wrestled at 142 pounds in college and 187 pounds the last time that he wrestled in 2001......His poker nickname among Vegas pros has been Lee "Sandwich" Watkinson for his tendency to trap players by using a "sandwich raise" with or without a good hand, notably by Phil "Unabomber" Laak.

Watch his WSOP FT interview here.

As a Full Tilt qualifier, Lee would win an extra $10 million from Tilt if he takes home the bracelet. In the interview he talks about spreading some of the extra $10 mil around to other players charity causes.

He also touches on aggressive online players and how it may affect their ability to go deep in the ME.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KHAAAAAAAAAN

[/ QUOTE ]