Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

5 AM Saturday. I am still playing a st00pid $5 MTT.
Jumped it for the heck of it and now stuck there.
Craziest thing evah has happened.

About 1000 people were playing, so I was third in chips with about 75 left, already ITM.

Flew down to 9K in chips in three hands (bad steal, set over set, QQ vs AA). Blinds + antes = 3K. I am dead.

Lo and behold, I went from 3K to 135K in another three subsequent hands, busting the table's chip leader in the process (he was a donkey though)
Poker is INSANE. We are on a break now, 12 people left and I am 4th in chips.

SHIP THE FINAL TABLE [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Results?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]
20-17 ND.

Oh, wait.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:00 PM

GOGOGO DOOOOMMMMEEEERRRSSSSSS

oh, wait.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Woot! Won me a horseament!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Was too dead tired last night to even post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Short recoup of the rest of the tournament - went card dead on the final table bubble, it also didn't help that I had the chip leader on my right, who was raising like a madman. Kept myself alive with stealing blinds OTB where I could.

The bubble lasted for 2 levels (!), short stacks were getting lucky a lot. When it finally burst, I was about 7th in chips and hurting. I decided to screw it and play uberaggro where the spots were good. That includes raising more hands preflop than warranted and calling short stack's all ins with worse hands than I usually do.

That kept me alive pretty well, luckily the table was such that most of the hands never saw the flop. The key hand was when we were down to about 5 and short stack went all in in HJ. I reraised AI OTB w A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Chip leader calls us both from BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Short stack tables Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I spike a Queen on the flop and it holds up. Remy triples and feels of goodness.

When it was down to three, I had the chip leader to my left, and short stack to my right. Chip leader was aggro, by straightforward. Folded a lot to my steals. Shortie was super passive, kept folding and folding himself to death.

I lost a bunch of chips to him with JTs OTB versus his AQ all in. But not too bad,, he soon got busted by the chip leader.

To heads up play we go. Villain has over 1 million in chips, Remy has about 300K. Since I was a huge underdog to win, my strategy for HU - raise every hand preflop and take it from there. I just saw Antonius do it in HU on Poker After DarK yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This serves 2 purposes - gets the huge blinds to me and gives me a chance to trap him with a monster. He figured it out after a while and started reraising all in me preflop - and that's fine by me! I either fold junk or call with a monster!

The HU play lasted for about 50 hands, and it was basically decided by three hands in very quick succession:

- A call his preflop raise with 76s and flop trips. Villain does all the betting for me with A-high and gets me All In. Thanx! SHIPIT! Chips are about 650K vs 750K now

- I raise preflop with KK, villain reraises AI with A2o. Kings hold up. Villain is down to 180K in chips

- The very next hand I put him all in with A3s (kick him while he's down). Villain calls with K7o, I flop a trey and it holds up all the way

I win the tournament. Holy cow [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The field was 956 players. This is my first MTT win ever [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I am totally thrilled [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 03:33 PM

How much did you bank? You can't tell us that whole tale and leave out the most important part.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:36 PM

Aw, dang, that's right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] results do matter [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
It was 20% field payout, I cached out just over $1000.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Nice job dude!

Old 09-01-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

amirite!

[/ QUOTE ]

Carola Häggqvist rules, but what has she to do with "Hey Mickey"? I thought that was Toyah Wilcox. I saw her once in a tv-show where she was some older guys muse, also called mouse as she was a muse with a hole in the middle. She appeared unclad, much to my liking. Toyah that is, I think Carola is rather religious, though quite a fine philly. She plays golf you know, Carola, not Toyah, well maybe she does as well.

While we are at it, I still smart from hearing that Samantha Fox is lesbian.

Anyone remembering Sabrina, not the teenage witch, she is fine too, but the singer, one video comes to mind where she constantly had to adjust her top rather vigoriously (if there is such a word) as her wavebreakers so to speak simply would not accept hiding behind that top in particular.
Closed Thread