Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Love-life - Girl probably on the rebound - What to do?

Just a quick post to tell you all (well...most of you...) that you were mostly wrong... My doorbell rang yesterday, when I was just sitting around watching TV, and I was pretty surprised to see her when I opened the door. She stood there with a big smile, a bottle of wine in one hand, and a stack of DVD's in the other hand.

And, well....she's in my bathroom right now, and I'm about to make us some breakfast before we go to school. Sort of a breakthrough, huh...? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 AM

WHAT?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM

Did you keep her talking till 4:21am?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 AM

ROBERT

A screenplay by garcia1000

INT. CAR DEALERSHIP ROOM - AFTERNOON

A clean, functional dealership. Around half a dozen salesmen in the room, and three other customers. Tucked away in a corner of the room is a wood-panelled office, with the door closed.

A messy desk, with car specifications, sales brochures, stationery, and assorted bric-brac. ROBERT, the besuited, bespectacled salesman, is talking with CATHY and DONALD.

ROBERT
This car, you see, is a Civic hybrid. It's made by Honda.

CATHY
(enthusiastically)
Great, we have always wanted a hybrid! They are environmentally friendly, and it feels like we are saving the planet!

ROBERT
One feature of hybrids is that they have an electric motor. So, it saves on gas and you get a higher miles per gallon. It's also good for the environment.

DONALD
(happily)
Yeah, that sounds good to us. We'll buy this model, what's the price on it?

ROBERT
I haven't finished yet, let me explain it to you first. Honda is a Japanese car maker. Their cars are reliable, and some would say the cars are more durable. So you would be able to use this car for a long time, if you chose to buy it.

CATHY
Sure, just tell us what we need to do and we'll buy it now!

ROBERT
The interior of the car is nice, too. Comfortable leather seats, a GPS system, and a powerful sound system with good speakers.

DONALD
So how do we pay for this? Should we write you a cheque or what?

ROBERT
It also handles well. Braking and acceleration is better than most comparable cars, and it has a small turning radius.

ROBERT points to the brochure, which has the technical specifications for the Civic Hybrid.

ROBERT (CONT'D)
It is really quite good. Would you like to take it on a test drive?

CATHY
(impatiently)
That won't be necessary, we know what it does. But how much does it cost and how do we pay for it?

ROBERT
Well, suggested retail price is $22,600.

DONALD
(interrupting)
Great! We don't even need financing because we just made some profits in the stock market. I can write you a cheque right now!

ROBERT
If you want to buy this, you will get Michelin tires, too. Michelin tyres are good, they have good traction. Tell me, will you be driving it in warm or cold places?

CATHY
Uh... warm.

ROBERT
You might want the thinner tires. Usually you would only use thick tires when road conditions require it, because they are heavier.

ROBERT glances at the clock. It shows 16:58.

ROBERT (CONT'D)
Oh, it's almost five. Maybe we can discuss this further next time. You have my number, call me. Bye now guys.

ROBERT ushers CATHY and DONALD up from their seats and shoos them out into the parking lot. CATHY and DONALD, confused, get into their car and drive off.

ROBERT sighs.

ROBERT
(exasperated)
Curse my bad luck. Another day without a sale. Well, I hope I will get better customers tomorrow.

-FIN-
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 AM

just read the "making breakfast" post. Before you go congratulating yourself too much, consider this : She finally had to come over with a bottle of wine & a stack of DVD's because she knew you weren't going to do anything about it.

I have no advice on how to get laid because I was not good at closing when I was young/single, but I will offer this:
*Don't be 'nice' and pass it up because you 'don't want to take advantage'. She was drunk & horny & you missed a chance which likely led her to doubt you as a potential f-buddy/boyfriend.
*Stop throwing "love" around. Jebus, you've had 1 date, sent some texts, hung out with others ... its WAY the F early for that.
*You are not past the age of enjoying 1-nighters. Somehow, you've talked urself into thinking its immature and that you need to settle down. This is chick talk. YOU don't have a biological clock and if she's only 26, hers still has a lot of time left on it.
*Relax and get laid. If LTR is meant to be, then it will happen. Relax and enjoy the ride.

~FishNChips

ps, congrats on gettin' some out of your league.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Women talk a lot. Ignore anything ambigious they say and act on what they *do* instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy wins.

Women are completely irrational when they talk about love/sex. Even smart ones, maybe especially smart ones.