Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Default .5/1 AK Spew or occasionally fine? (6 handed)

Been at table like 20 hands, SB has been pretty tight from that small sample. I think his range is TT+, AQ+. I decided didn't want to go to showdown if possible so raised turn and folding to 3bet. Now I'm pretty sure no AA, KK. Any value in betting river?

Obviously not expecting TT, JJ some other pair to fold. But, again, my intent was not to showdown since I thought his range was pretty small at this point. Is this folding out a chop enough to be profitable (readless), ie vs when I am betting and he scoops. Or, is it just pointless?

FWIW I like it more with like AJ and just calling PF.

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: .5/1 AK Spew or occasionally fine? (6 handed)

[ QUOTE ]
Been at table like 20 hands, SB has been pretty tight from that small sample. I think his range is TT+, AQ+. I decided didn't want to go to showdown if possible so raised turn and folding to 3bet. Now I'm pretty sure no AA, KK. Any value in betting river?

Obviously not expecting TT, JJ some other pair to fold. But, again, my intent was not to showdown since I thought his range was pretty small at this point. Is this folding out a chop enough to be profitable (readless), ie vs when I am betting and he scoops. Or, is it just pointless?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty pointless to me, and I don't know why you eliminate AA/KK because you don't get 3-bet on the turn.

Consider this:

QQ-TT = 18 hands
AK = 11 hands (eliminate AK spades)
AQ = 11 hands

You're going to automatically lose your whole bet 18/40 = 45% of the time. I'll let you figure out how often your bet must work and make him fold A-high.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM

I prefer checking behind on that river.
What hands do you expect him to call with that we beat.
If I make that turn raise, it is for a free sd UI and that's it.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're going to automatically lose your whole bet 18/40 = 45% of the time. I'll let you figure out how often your bet must work and make him fold A-high.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, meh. Do I just have to show this down? I'd be happier to do so against a looser player. Doesn't seem like I should be folding still... is it +EV to showdown after the flop if he keeps betting? I guess that's my real question. Trying not to go to showdown with AK UI (as much) or somehow winning before by folding out small pairs or same hand though my line probably never accomplishes this in a capped pot.

One other side question: always cap beause of other player right? For deception purposes, if it were HU, should I balance by calling sometimes or just always raise for value preflop?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM

This is a bad river bet given your analysis. You're likely to be called by any PP and only a couple Axs. You lose that bet more than you're getting paid off.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One other side question: always cap beause of other player right? For deception purposes, if it were HU, should I balance by calling sometimes or just always raise for value preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads could change things, but when I'm UTG and have the button, I cap with AK all day. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] It's good value wise, meta wise, and fold equity wise.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads could change things, but when I'm UTG and have the button, I cap with AK all day. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] It's good value wise, meta wise, and fold equity wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically use the same criteria about when to cap my non PP premiums. I hold it to three when out of position though. I do the same w/ QQ-AA often also though, otherwise my cards would be transparent.

I'm referring to HU play for above.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically use the same criteria about when to cap my non PP premiums. I hold it to three when out of position though. I do the same w/ QQ-AA often also though, otherwise my cards would be transparent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again. Hero is UTG and the others are in the blinds.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My OOP advice was not in relation to this example bh. Just extra information.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My OOP advice was not in relation to this example bh. Just extra information.

[/ QUOTE ]

kthx