Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: .5/1 TT turned full house 9QQQx do I cap this?

Is it just me or doesn't opps overplay FH when the trips are on the board a lot? Often players that looks decent seems to think they have the nuts just because they have the highest card paired. Therefor I really disslike lines like 3-bet/fold, because I don't trust a cap that much.

Calling down looks good.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno i personally put them both on 9x.... where was SB on the flop? he decided to c/c 2bets then donk turn quads? doesnt make sense imo

definitely dont ever ever cap tho, as played its fine

[/ QUOTE ]
If the first is right (and I think it is), then the second is probably wrong. I am three-betting this turn an awful lot, if for no other reason than I don't want to see the river go bet/raise before it gets to us.

Villains very seldomly have quads here. They obviously won't have it too often based on card frequency, but their actions scream 9x up and down and Qx approximately never. I'm more scared of SB having JJ than either one of them having a queen.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You might need to rethink your thinking if you disagree with Aaron a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this type of philosophy - i.e. only listening to the advice of specific posters - is something that i disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not even close to what I said.

I said that if you often disagree with Aaron, you might need to rethink. That's not to say Aaron's always right, but if you're disagreeing with him, you need to think over why. The benefit is enormous.

[ QUOTE ]
in poker, as harv has said, the only absolutely correctly play is to raise the river with the nuts closing the action. all other moves are situational.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're a lot less situational in microlimit than in some other forms, dude.

And I think your argument has a flaw right here, because there's a difference between disagreeing with Aaron and believing that another line is possible. Do you see? You can say, well, Aaron is right and this is also possible, or you can say, I disagree with Aaron. The former is not what we're discussing here.

[ QUOTE ]
it is entirely possible for two players to have different styles of play and do different things in certain spots. that doesn't mean they're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, often it does. And LOL at "I'm not wrong; I just play differently". Hilarious.

[ QUOTE ]
a very clever play might look questionable in the eyes of someone else. and the opinion of a single poster is never the absolute "correct" answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

My, you're defensive.

What I said though was that if you often disagree with Aaron, you need to do some more thinking. If you're that clever that you know Aaron to be wrong, you are absolutely at the wrong forum. HS limit is over there --> and I look forward to reading your forthcoming book.

[ QUOTE ]
i know that aaron is a well-respected poster on here and as far as i can tell he plays very well. that doesn't mean that he's always right

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it means that he's right enough that if you often disagree with him, you need to think about why. As I said.

[ QUOTE ]
or even that there is only one "right" answer to a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said there was?

[ QUOTE ]
heck, sometimes the "right" answer can very from game to game, player to player, and its impossible to know what that answer on a internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like one of those intelligent design guys: if you can't *prove* evolution (because you believe that theories can be falsified, never proved), then my theory is possibly true. You're like a poker thinker of the gaps, dude.

as a forum, i encourage everyone to think about situations for themselves without being too influenced by what others say. if you pick up something that works for you, or makes good sense to you, by all means adopt it. but dont just automatically change your mind based on who is posting without thoroughly digesting what they have to say.

good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 07:22 AM

Yup I would call down too. But tough decision on the turn, especially with the 3bet...
Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 AM

Edited
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think about folding the turn being pretty sure at least one of them has a Queen, but I would call down in the huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that you are way too much of a pessimist to play this game!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would think about folding the turn being pretty sure at least one of them has a Queen, but I would call down in the huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Counting is in next week's lesson. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]