Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Panel hand #2 - river panel review

You actually call and close the action. 4 players to the river for 18.25 big bets.

(7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero?

<font color="blue">Panelist 1
Woohoo! We made our hand. Now what the hell do we do. We don't even know if it's good or not.

We can't let this check through. That would be the worst thing if we're ahead.

I bet and hope there isn't a raise. </font>

<font color="red">Panelist 2
The flush came in, but given the board and the previous action we can't plan to cap this. However, trips are more likely than a boat, so I bet, planning to call at least one more. </font>

<font color="purple">Panelist 3
Hero is behind here only to a boat, which isn't terribly likely. So, I think our main objective is to come up with the plan of action that will maximize our EV. I suspect MP1 has a straight, and it's possible that the button has a lesser flush. MP3 slowed down on the turn, so he may fold if we bet and MP1 raises.

I think we get the maximum by checking here, planning to check-raise, as it gets checked through here basically never. </font>

<font color="green">Panelist 4
All I can say is phew. I will value bet the river. I will also call down a check raise. The only thing that beats me is that boat.(yes quads, but I haven't really thought about it since it happens so rarely, If he beats me and does have quads, Its a much easier beat to take mentally for me. Dunno why.)

I have a great hand that can still be beat. If I 3-bet,(assuming a raise) I will simply be spewing chips. Most people raising will be well aware of the flush and would not raise unless they had it beat. Also, with the pot as large as it is, everyone will most likely call even if thy missed their draws.

If i checked, having 3 others check behind for a free showdown would cost me 3 bb. If I bet and get raised, it has only cost me 2 bb. </font>
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Panel hand #2 - river panel review

Given our relative position, there's no way this is not a c/r.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Panel hand #2 - river panel review

you really have to post the full hand each time given that this is revealed over the course of days. My memory is going and I have to click all over to see who cold-called, etc.

turn:
You actually check. MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets, button calls, Hero calls. MP1 check/3-bets (edit: c/r), MP2 folds, MP3 calls, button calls, Hero call and close the action.

4 players to the river for 18.25 big bets.

I check the river.