Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Panel hand #2 - turn part 3 panel review

You actually call. MP1 check/3-bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, button calls, Hero?

(7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pot is 17.25 big bets when action comes to you.

Turn- part 3

<font color="blue">Panelist 1
Uh oh!

Check raiser either slow played his trip Ts, just hit his straight, raising with air, or is just a complete moran....well, I suppose he could be both a moran and do one of the other three.

I suppose they could also already have a boat.

Time to recount our outs again. Grrr...

Overs: zero, they suck
Flush: I'll take that down to 5.
Backdoor straight: dead long ago.

So five outs is about 10% chance to win the hand.
17.25BB if my quick monkey math is right. We are again putting one more in giving us 1/17.25 or about 6%. We're still good to call this, but no heart on the river, no good. </font>

<font color="red">Panelist 2
The check/raise isn't good news, since now MP1 basically tells us he has a T or better. The situation hasn't changed much, though. The pot is huge by now, we have a good draw that might be live, we can't fold for one bet. Call. </font>

<font color="purple">Panelist 3
I thought I saw that check-raise coming. MP1 could have a straight, or (less likely) a very tricky trips or boat. MP3 seems to have shut down his aggression, which is interesting. MP3 seemed to have trips, but may have been playing aggressively with something less. I don't think you're drawing dead here very often and you're getting very good odds closing the action, I call. </font>

<font color="green">Panelist 4
I will call down. MP1 must have smooth called the flop. I don't want to play mubs jut yet. I will place him on trips at this point. Only a heart can really help me here imo. Thats 8 outs ( won't even consider the 6 and out. The good thing is that is the only heart that hurts me.) I now put the button and Mp3 on draws(including overs) or 2 pair. To be honest, MP1's raise caught me a bit off guard. My call would mostly be reactionary from being caught off guard.

Fold is definatly incorrect based purely on pot size and the strong potential to win it with the nut flush draw. I also think 3-betting is incorrect and will result in me calling the cap after MP3 checkraised. I don't necessarily fear the check raise, but I do respect it when it happens. Kind leaves me with a hmph call. </font>
Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Panel hand #2 - turn part 3 panel review

When does this hand get interesting?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah check/call/call on the turn. River should be fun if we make a flush but so far it is a yawner.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:47 PM

Why does panelist 4 want to call down when he's putting him on trips? Also, why not a straight? Why not a boat?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does panelist 4 want to call down when he's putting him on trips? Also, why not a straight? Why not a boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think by this point we should give panelist 4 the benefit of the doubt and assume that when he says "call down" he means call the turn. Otherwise he's crazy, and he doesn't write like a crazy person.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching the erratic thought processes of the panelists is quite amusing.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think by this point we should give panelist 4 the benefit of the doubt and assume that when he says "call down" he means call the turn. Otherwise he's crazy, and he doesn't write like a crazy person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't write like a crazy person? Panelist 4 was just talking about how he wanted to c/r the turn.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah check/call/call on the turn. River should be fun if we make a flush but so far it is a yawner.

[/ QUOTE ]