Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Free monies?

Cliff notes: Go to the bank to deposit $1500, give the teller my deposit slip with $1500 written on it, forget to give the teller the money, walk out of bank with deposit receipt for $1500 and $1500 in my pocket, what's my play?

So that's all the important stuff some other details follow below.

I called the customer support number the same night I realized the mistake had been made and the customer support representative told me that it's okay, they will fix the error in processing and in the meantime to go to the bank and deposit the money again.

So the next day I go to the bank and deposit the $1500 in the ATM machine.

I check my online balance daily for a week and the original $1500 erroneous deposit of $1500 (which was all cash by the way) had took 5 days to pend, which should never happen, cash deposits clear the next day, always. So after the said 5 days, it clears and the second, real $1500 deposit clears.

It's been 3 weeks and the money is still sitting there. I already called the bank once and they told me not to worry about it. The money was pending for close to a week which leads me to assume they investigated it and decided to just let the money clear.

I get a feeling that I now deserve the money. AMIRITE?