Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Re: the quality of games recently makes me want to quit poker

I scratch my head every time I see someone say this. My normal 1/2-2/4-3/6 NL rate at FullTilt had been about 8-10BB/100.

Over my last 5000 hands or so, roughly the last week or so, it's at about 12-14. Yes, I know it's a small sample size, but anecdotally, I would say the games are at least as soft and most probably softer.

I've had huge overbets called by TPNK, Double Gutters, and people are playing AK like it's the nuts pre (and post-) flop.

Even if the games were "nit-fests", they would be equally easy to beat, you just have to adjust your game.

Add in the bonus and RB and FullTilt is a gold mine right now.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I scratch my head every time I see someone say this. My normal 1/2-2/4-3/6 NL rate at FullTilt had been about 8-10BB/100.

Over my last 5000 hands or so, roughly the last week or so, it's at about 12-14. Yes, I know it's a small sample size, but anecdotally, I would say the games are at least as soft and most probably softer.

I've had huge overbets called by TPNK, Double Gutters, and people are playing AK like it's the nuts pre (and post-) flop.

Even if the games were "nit-fests", they would be equally easy to beat, you just have to adjust your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teach us how to win, please.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the quality of games recently makes me want to get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Old 10-16-2006, 04:40 PM

I have found the same thing at Full Tilt as well. At Party NL I was getting about +9.5 BB/100 and at Pokerstars I am hitting about 4BB/100 but at Full Tilt I am -4BB/100. Big hands there are not getting paid off and when I am called it seems that the caller will hit some miracle card and bust me (yes I have the poker Tracker data to back this up). As an example I have had KK cracked preflop there 66% of the time with 9,820 hands recorded. Most of the time I have not limped pre flop either (Only 21% at Party, and 29% at Pokerstars with 16,210, and 9,200 hands respectively).

I am not really one to say their RNG is fishy, but I am trying to figure out what is different at FTP as opposed to Party and PS.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have found the same thing at Full Tilt as well. At Party NL I was getting about +9.5 BB/100 and at Pokerstars I am hitting about 4BB/100 but at Full Tilt I am -4BB/100. Big hands there are not getting paid off and when I am called it seems that the caller will hit some miracle card and bust me (yes I have the poker Tracker data to back this up). As an example I have had KK cracked preflop there 66% of the time with 9,820 hands recorded. Most of the time I have not limped pre flop either (Only 21% at Party, and 29% at Pokerstars with 16,210, and 9,200 hands respectively).

I am not really one to say their RNG is fishy, but I am trying to figure out what is different at FTP as opposed to Party and PS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rigged.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHere do you think a comment like this gets you? Seriously? You think poker tracker makes your variance suddenly turn into TIGHT NITTY GAMES?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 PM

I've been mining NL100 at FTP and over this weekend..everytime i opened up PAHUD and looked at the VPIP of each table it was 28 or below..this is 16 tables. I did this like around 5 times over the weekend..only on Friday night were there a couple of 30-35 VPIP sprinkled in.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should check out Stars
Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHere do you think a comment like this gets you? Seriously? You think poker tracker makes your variance suddenly turn into TIGHT NITTY GAMES?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just pointing out that what you call "varience" is only experienced at FTP. Granted there is not a huge amount of hands here, but 9,000 is a fairly decent sample size when you are talking about statistical differences in comparing FTP vs. PS vs PARTy. A t-test or Anova looking at and comparing specific hands and their out- come (my KK) data here would prove significance p > 0.01.

My point was that it seems that my hands are not getting paid off as frequently on FTP as they did on Party for example, and that there is some POSSIBLE troubling data in the RNG.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM

pokerpunchout,

Are you special irl?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat 3/6 NL for 8-10 PTBB/100 on FT? Right.....