Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: what do christians say about chinese people

[ QUOTE ]
Don't Christians think its strange that God choose not to spread his word to the entire human population?

does this suggest that Christianity is actually a man made invention and thus only exists in region it was invented?

Also, if a Christian has a Chinese friend, isn't it his duty to this person to do absolutely everything he can, including physical abuse and torture to convince the Chinese guy to save his soul and believe in Jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Our girlfriends will believe what they want to believe; that doesnt stop them from being hot my brotha;

my gf is redic hot, i dont make a huge case of it; ballah out niggah
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't Christians think its strange that God choose not to spread his word to the entire human population?

does this suggest that Christianity is actually a man made invention and thus only exists in region it was invented?

Also, if a Christian has a Chinese friend, isn't it his duty to this person to do absolutely everything he can, including physical abuse and torture to convince the Chinese guy to save his soul and believe in Jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Our girlfriends will believe what they want to believe; that doesnt stop them from being hot my brotha;

[/ QUOTE ]

what the...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the single greatest post I have ever read in SMP. I am sincerely unable to fully comprehend its level of truth.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that God doesn't want the gospel spread to the entire human population?? Do you have any documentation to support this?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think that God doesn't want the gospel spread to the entire human population??

[/ QUOTE ]
That he revealed himself to a very limited part of the population and advocated the destruction of other people is a big hint.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any documentation to support this?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_testament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think that God doesn't want the gospel spread to the entire human population??

[/ QUOTE ]
That he revealed himself to a very limited part of the population and advocated the destruction of other people is a big hint.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any documentation to support this?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_testament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

[/ QUOTE ]
its just using the kill all non-believers method of getting everyone to believe.

fair enough, there's no other method with any chance at all.

chez
Old 08-22-2007, 09:23 PM

how would a god be responsible for the crusades, or any of the other atrocities committed in his name? Just because people kill in the name of a deity does not mean that deity would want this.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody sees the obvious answer to this question? Chinese people don't have souls, so worrying about whether or not they're saved is moot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I tell myself, but sometimes I think I'm just doing it for fun.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite its official secular stance, the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC) has claimed the power to approve the naming of high reincarnations in Tibet. This decision cites a precedent set by the Qianlong Emperor of the Qing Dynasty, who instituted a system of selecting the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama by means of a lottery which utilised a golden urn with names wrapped in barley balls. Controversially, this precedent was called upon by the PRC to name their own Panchen Lama. The Dalai Lama and the majority of Tibetan Buddhists in EXILE do not regard this to be the legitimate Panchen Lama. The Dalai Lama has recognized a different child, Gedhun Choekyi Nyima, as the reincarnated Panchen Lama. This child and his family have been taken into 'protective custody' according to the PRC, and all attempts by members of the EU parliament and US government to garner guarantees of the family's safety have been denied by the PRC. There is some speculation that with the death of the current Dalai Lama, the People's Republic of China will attempt to direct the selection of a successor, using the authority of their chosen Panchen Lama.

The current Dalai Lama has repeatedly stated that he will never be reborn inside territory controlled by the People's Republic of China[4], and has occasionally suggested that he might choose to be the last Dalai Lama by not being reborn at all. However, he has also stated that the purpose of his repeated incarnations is to continue unfinished work and, as such, if the situation in Tibet remains unchanged, it is very likely that he will be reborn to finish his work.[5] Additionally, in the draft constitution of future Tibet, the institution of the Dalai Lama can be revoked at any time by a democratic majority vote of two-thirds of the Assembly. The 14th Dalai Lama has stated, "Personally, I feel the institution of the Dalai Lama has served its purpose."[5]

[/ QUOTE ]