8 2 18.18%
9 1 9.09%
10 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Clarifying

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you bringing up weights vs machines when I am asking for a comparison of machines?

[/ QUOTE ]

david, to draw a comparison, it may be like someone coming to you and asking what the best ken warren poker book is and you tell them they are all bad. the person responds "but which one is the best? i really want one."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty decent analogy.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[W]hat about the fact that free weights don't stress you to the max through the total range of motion while some machines do?

[/ QUOTE ]

While I have no doubt that you have thought about this and therefore must be correct, I'm still curious: Did you first hear this claim from a sales person or read it on a brochure?

edit: BTW, I'm not questioning the truth or falsity or relevance. I just want to know where you first heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - I know I keep bringing this thing up because I think it's hilarious. I swear I do not work for them or anything. But it's funny how their marketing sounds geared exactly toward someone like D.S.

I first saw the ad for this in Scientific American - big full page very technical-looking ad. Obviously they're going for the nerd dollar. Even the price - $14,615 - sounds like they came up with it by some scientific formula.

David - please get this thing and report back. I'm very curious. You can't say it doesn't look sexy.

http://www.fastexercise.com/

OUR EXCELLENT ROM MACHINE HAS THREE BIG MARKETING PROBLEMS

1. The biggest problem is that 4 minutes sounds too good to be true for a complete non-impact cardio, resistance- and flexibility workout. If there really would exist such a thing, then obviously everybody in the World would know about it. At least that is just one of the annoying arguments we have had to listen to during all the years since 1990. We have had to suffer many other incorrect arguments as well.

2. An equally big marketing problem is the very high selling price which surprisingly still makes the ROM 4 minute workout the absolute least expensive method of exercise available for all income groups above the poverty line. ROM stands for “Range of Motion” because you exercise all your muscles throughout over 80% of their range of motion.

3. The third problem are so called “experts” (personal trainers, doctors, etc.) when asked for their opinion about our 4 minute ROM machine, they will not even bother to inform themselves, read anything about it or try it out before giving their negative opinion or even ridiculing our ROM.

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP TO OVERCOME THESE THREE PROBLEMS

1. To overcome the “TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE” problem we recommend that you order our FREE video and that you read ALL the QUESTIONS and ANSWERS here on our website. Click on the “Q & A” bar in the left margin of this page. Lots of reading to do, but very informative. After that you should click on “ARTICLES” to see a sampling of all the articles that have been written about the ROM machine over the years since 1990. You can click on the small images to enlarge them.

2. To overcome the problem of the $14,615 price you should read:
www.WhyIsItSoExpensive.com. You will learn why the ROM 4 minute workout actually is the absolute least expensive and most effective method to improve health and fitness. Far less expensive than any alternative method of exercise.

3. So called “Experts” are a big problem. Most “exercise experts” still insist very stubbornly that any useful cardiovascular exercise must last at least 20 to 45 minutes to be beneficial for the cardiovascular system. The general public cannot be blamed for having the same wrong beliefs as the so-called experts.

“EXPERTS” ARE VERY MISTAKEN
Experts in all fields of knowledge are guardians of the status-quo. Anything that differs with their beliefs is immediately dismissed by them as untrue. Their reasoning goes as follows:“I do not even have to waste my time looking into anything that differs with my knowledge and beliefs, because I know absolutely everything there is to be known about my field of knowledge, therefore anything that conflicts with my beliefs must be false.” That sort of reasoning of course is dumb circle reasoning and it automatically precludes any new insights because NEW means different, if it would not be different it would not be new. The few “experts” who have dared to think outside the box and have tried the ROM just once for 4 minutes have become instant converts and believers in a 4 minute workout for cardio, muscles and flexibility. To learn how in only 4 minutes all this can be accomplished with our ROM machine, please click on “Q & A” (questions and answers).

(Oh yeah David - this is pretty much the Squat & Deadlift forum. Asking for advice on anything else won't get you very far.)
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 PM

So you don't believe in God, but you believe that you can believe that this guy got this ripped by using a bowflex?

Your replies in this thread seem think that you're asking us for the best type of orange and we're giving you recommendations about apples, when in reality you are showing us rotten apples.

I have a bad back so I can't do all the deadlift/squat type crap that people swear by on this forum, but there are still a million things easier and better for your goals.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution?

This guy has a bowflex body.

What did Thremp say to get him booted?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't believe in God, but you believe that you can believe that this guy got this ripped by using a bowflex?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to admit that it really ties the room together.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
called him an effing clown and some other stuff. It was pretty funny.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
called him an effing clown and some other stuff. It was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of doubt the clown insult is nearly as harsh as some people might think. But I suspect there's really only one way to find out for sure (apologies in advance if it should have been flex wheeler):

Old 10-24-2007, 06:49 PM

I like the new chuck norris total gyms if you are looking for a machine.

The new ones you can add weight too if exercises become too easy.

As others have said buying something like some kettlebells and a doorway pullup bar would prolly be better, but since you want a machine, I would go with the total gym.

You can get a quick full body workout on it. It "feels" pretty smooth while you are using it. You can also do every basic exercise(other than Olympic type lifts).

If you are going on looks, I think it looks better than a big bulky bowflex.

Also watching TV from the TotalGyms is alot easier than from a bowflex so it might make the time go by faster.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM

THE 4 MINUTE ROM reminds me of when i combined a fork and a spoon and called it a foroon when i was like 6 yrs old.

they probably aren't 6 though.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can also do every basic exercise(other than Olympic type lifts).

[/ QUOTE ]
my father-in-law has one of these. How do you get a leg exercise on it? squat-ish type movement preferably.