Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: HSP Ep. 6- What is the read on Gold?

[ QUOTE ]
He cares more about bluffing people off pots on the river than actually winning money.

He'll fail 50 in a row so on #51 he can flip up his "brilliant" bluff and show everyone how awesome he is, as he's down half his stack.

A terrible player and a terrible person.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 10-10-2007, 05:18 PM

How long before Gold is broke. Will he lose all of his main event winnings or stop say will a million left. He is a horrific player. He's way out of his league at high stakes games unless he's up against Farha, the single worst high limit NLHE player in history.

Gold better stay off the internet that's for sure. He's nothing but a live donk.. the reason why live games are so much easier.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When will people realize he doesn't even really know what value bets, fold equity, and the like even are?

I mean...he doesn't even consider it. He just plays by the seat of his pants. horribly, I might add.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would venture to say that there a decent number of competent live players that don't fully understand concepts like fold equity or have even heard of the terms or math behind it. I doubt most of the best players 40 years ago really considered that stuff explicitly. But people who have played a decent amount and have an intuitive sense for prob/stat stuff will pick this stuff up w/o reading Sklansky.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM

He opens his big [censored] mouth each and every time he bluffs. Thinks he's clever.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM

lol at all of you haters - Jamie Gold is about 1.5 years along the way of what he sees as about a five to ten year trek toward becoming "the best bluffer" in poker. That's in between "bringing PLO back to America" of course. You go Jamie!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhm, you can hear what the read is in the actual episode when Negreanu whispers it in Jennifer Harman's ear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I watched that about five times, and it still didn't read weak to me when he said that. Which is probably why I operate at first level thinking with only a dash of second level when I play live.

On the other hand, I did read him as weak several other places in the hand, most notably when they the flashed his hole cards on the screen and the board failed to hit them. I'm a genius reader of people when I know their hole cards.

--Zetack
Old 10-11-2007, 04:17 PM

I've seen the segment several times and still can't make out what DN says. It doesn't help that the chatter is split among the two Youtube files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF4HlVPTNGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWaam...3B&index=1

Was it the same read that Allen Cunningham had?

IIRC, the read from the WSOP was the way Gold acted. When he excitedly said something like, "I got you," he really did have the goods. When he dejectedly said something like, "you got me," he was bluffing. Problem is, no one believed him, so they called when he said "I got you" and they folded when he said "you got me"