Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Default 2/4 Live with Pocker Kings

Last night @ Foxwoods 2/4 - Full ring. Table conditions are unbelievably juicy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. It's still shocking to me how bad players at 2/4 live are. They play like 0.02/0.04 online!

UTG barely knows how to play and is the definition of a calling station. Button and SB are two 'live ones' that keep taunting each other to straddle and raise blind. Unfortunately they realize that I can play...I've already taken a couple of nice pots from them so they play cautious against me and a few hands back one said 'watch out for him, he's not [censored]ing around."

Preflop: Hero in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG limps, 1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="grey">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9.0 SB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, <font color="grey">SB folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.5 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River (13.5 BB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Live with Pocker Kings

You should probably raise the flop in this game. But whether you do or don't you must raise he turn. Your objective is to maximize this miracle not to sell it at a discount.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM

no quads hands pls

and your play in this hand resembles that of a 0.02/.04 player.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:48 PM

did you flop quads and not raise the turn?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:59 PM

this is like the anti trifecta...

LOL at turn on so many levela...

LOL you hate money even with the button trying to shove it down your throat!!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:07 PM

The reason to 3-bet the turn is that there are plenty of hands that can pay you off, despite the fact that you cripple the deck on the flop. I know on the flop it feels like you need to give them a chance to bluff at it, but that's a great turn card, and you should put the pedal to the metal here.

Note that the turn Qs allows hands like JT to and spade draws to now feel they can call a 3rd bet. And of course, with a terrible player in the hand calling, you should 3-bet simply to maximize value against this player.

See, the thing is, there's no way you can gain by continuing the deception here. Anyone good enough to fold a made hand to your 3-bet but call a river bet would have already realized that you have them crushed and folded. However, a player with a straight or flush draw may very well call a turn 3-bet but not a river bet.

So... 3-bet the turn to get 4 big bets instead of 3 out of the calling station, while giving the LAG a chance to go crazy with a draw / bluff / or the miracle 77. You're way past the point where deception can gain you anything.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 PM

Raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM

:g:

Fold the flop, not close.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and your play in this hand resembles that of a 0.02/.04 player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Little harsh Kit? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I kicked myself after this hand, but at the time my reasons for not 3-betting the turn were:

1) I wanted the calling station to keep tagging along and I believed a 3-bet would scare him away
2) Given the way the button was playing against me in previous hands I felt he would also fold to a 3-bet
3) I though if I just called the button on the turn he would re-raise me on the river

And why not post quad hands? This hand isn't about whether or not I win, but how I can get the most off my opponents.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) I wanted the calling station to keep tagging along and I believed a 3-bet would scare him away
2) Given the way the button was playing against me in previous hands I felt he would also fold to a 3-bet
3) I though if I just called the button on the turn he would re-raise me on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not give someone the chance to cap instead?

[ QUOTE ]
And why not post quad hands? This hand isn't about whether or not I win, but how I can get the most off my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can open fold the flop and it wouldnt matter -- DUCY?