Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

[ QUOTE ]
just play 16-18/8-10/2-3 ABC poker and learn to value bet...when I played 2c/4c it worked for me to the tune of 9BB/100 in stars rakefree games. not a brag....just saying that you should be able to crush these games to the tune of AT LEAST 4BB/100 with straightforward poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably that was sometime back, Ozi? The general precent of players seeing the flop is about 35%-40%, not as fishy as a few years back, I believe. But when there are raises, there would be a lot of capping, or 3-bets, and very aggro play on post flops.

Anyway, I'm using this level to hone my hand reading against such loose players, and some occassional maniacs.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:00 PM

My stats on .02/.04 are about 25/18/2.2. Strangely I have a very strong river aggression in regards to flop (flop only 1.6). I guess when there are like 8 people in the pot chasing my gutshot becomes correct and I call a lot on the flop.
Anyway, 2c/4c should be really easy to beat. I play a table watching TV / cooking / e-mailing. I don't pay much attention to any of the opponents as they rarely stay more than 20 hands. The game often becomes Short-handed and then it becomes really fun to crush the people out of their pennies. Anyway, about 3.5BB/100 for me.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Perhaps the biggest thing you can learn at this level is tilt management. That skill will serve you well as you go up in limits. Spend every session trying to a) play your best, and b) get to the end without knowing how you did.

Pull that off and you'll be a player.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM

I usually play 0.02/0.04 with PO turned off but I imported the most recent hands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think you should realize that you edge is post-flop in these games. I only play 0.02/0.04 6-max to de-tilt but I have an understanding of the game because I have played a ton of play money limit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

My advice is to move up to 0.1/0.2 and learn there, because once you learn to beat 0.02/0.04 you will have so many bad habits that it will cost you even more to get rid of them.

If you insist on 0.02/0.04 remember that that game is decided post flop. I.e. KQ is a strong hand pre flop but its equity edge against ATC is pretty small still so if you misplay it post flop even the worst player will punish you.

They are not folding crap hands so value bet more.
They are not foldig crap hands so don't bluff.

Or more in detail ... ther are two kinds of players at this level. (6-max I would fall asleep in full ring)

1. Mainiacs
2. People who are unconfortable raising pre flop.

Against 1: 3-bet light pre flop. Valuebet them hard with things like TP and call down A LOT with middle pair and ace high. Also use them to raise for protection with weak made hands.

Against 2: Respect their raises, and iso raise them light. Value bet relentlessly with any made hand and A high untill they show resistance and check behind on the river a lot. Also you need the goods to put in a raise on a big street.

Raise your standard hands pre flop and add some more to your pfr range playing fit or fold with the weaker part of your pfr range. Call pf with everything that is speculative as long as the game is passive enough to alow you to do so for 1 SB. Remember, they might be paying attention to what you are doing -- but they still don't know how to exploit you.

Keep an eye on position when you chose to bet or c/r the flop so that you drive people out with when you want them out and keep them in with your strong draws. (and when you go for a c/r -- you know who is raising right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Make a lot of freecard plays.

Dont be afraid to fold in high variance situations, your edge should be at least 10BB/100 if you play well post flop so giving up every now and then is not a huge mistake if you have to wager 6 BB for a +0.05 EV situation.

[i][Edit] haha, it works in nNL too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I see, the variance at this level is big, cos players routinely call with wild poc cards and river your top pair, top kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I'd be curious to hear other perspectives.

I've never personally played nanos, but I would think that variance would be lower. Since players are willing to call down with such garbage, you should be able to exploit your equity edge and get even more out of them when you're ahead, thus making your win rate even more consistent.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 PM

Yea, variance increases when you put in more bets with a smaller edge. I.e. against agressive and solid opponents.

In the nanos, you but in bets with typically a large edge so variance is much smaller. I.e. against lose passive players.

Getting sucked out every now and again is not really what drives variance unless you play NL with 100.000.0000 BB stacks against a hit and run artist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm just shy of 20/10/2.2 playing FR .05/.10. Over 9.5 k hands played recently I'm showing 6.7bb/100 or 9.3bb/100 ignoring rake. I still play SSHE poker.

There are times when you're going to run bad at any level. It sucks but you gotta get used to it. Trust me, it is a whole lot less painful at the nanos. Just value bet like crazy, pump your draws, and learn to laugh when you get drawn out on.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:04 PM

I think a 25/20/2.5 player would be a tough oppenent at full ring, and I would not be looking to make too much from that type if I was a beginner. But I can't really tell from your post what you mean. If players are super crazy and make obv bad plays that will catch up to them in the long run. For example if they are a 384 flop with JT and happend to hit a pair oh well, you can win in the long run by playing better starting hands.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of poor post-flop play, I'm also not convinced that you won't collect heaps of chips with TPTK. If you're constantly going up against players who call when they shouldn't be calling, your TPTK pots will be bigger when you win them. This should more than compensate for the times when you're sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely true. This is also why an inexperienced player can crush these games by playing very tight & aggressive preflop poker.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 AM

Anyway, the suckouts are pretty big, and did sent me crazy for a while. So far, my big hands, like AKo (it's negative), AA, KK are not earning what they should be. I believe these hands are the main money maker in nanos.

I'm at a loss <font color="red"> (-1.79BB/100) </font>now, at 4200 hands. i know I'll get the 'sample size treatment' but I reckon that I should at least break even with such crappy players around!

Here are my stats. Please comment if any! Thanks...

Stats for Nanos