Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Default NL100 Turned trips facing C/R and river push

Villain is running at 27/23/3.4 (170) with a turn AF of .4 At the time my PAHUD said his AF was something like 1.2 though. Not sure why I didn't bet the flop. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1.00 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $85.80
CO: $269.35
Hero (BTN): $101.40
SB: $99.00
BB: $40.00

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3.50</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($9.90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.20</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $22.00</font>, Hero calls $13.80

River: ($51.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $59.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero???
Old 11-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: NL100 Turned trips facing C/R and river push

I'm not really sure what to put this aggressive villain on, making this a tough spot, but against a 27/23/3.4 I think you might have to call.

Villain still might check a flopped set even though there's the flush/straight draw on the flop. The more I think about this, the more I think villain flips over 333.

Sorry, I was probly no help at all.
Eager to hear what others have to say.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:00 PM

mistakes on an ealier street have huge impact on the difficulty of the later streets. The biggest problem in this hand imo is not betting the flop. by checking you lose value and information. as played itīs kind of hard to give any decent advise. If you think that villain could do this as a bluff b/c you showed weakness by checking the flop or if villain could go beserk with some other hands than a 7. b/c lets face it you basically only beat a bluff if villain isnīt out of his mind.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 PM

any other thoughts guys?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 PM

i think this is a fold/3bet preflop. Don't really like calling, especially since it will most likely be a HU pot (or you'll be squeezed out). I also think not betting this flop is criminal.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Yeah, I def made a mistake not betting the flop. I am almost certain I was in another hand that affected my decision making on the flop because as soon as I turned trips and looked at the board I couldn't believe I hadn't bet.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM

I think villain's on complete air a lot of the time. I snap call with fistpump
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 PM

I find that a lot of the time the preflop raiser checks the flop they want to CR. I think a bet/3bet here is probably the best play. There is probably some fold equity. Either way you are probably slightly ahead or close to even with his CRing range. If he just c/c and you miss you can probably see a free river a lot of the time. The 7 probably doesnt scare him too much so i think he can even be value betting with a worse hand so call.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find that a lot of the time the preflop raiser checks the flop they want to CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes complete sense to mean, because to check-raise, you must first check.

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a fold/3bet preflop. Don't really like calling, especially since it will most likely be a HU pot (or you'll be squeezed out). I also think not betting this flop is criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find my self calling with LSC OOP too much, would you recommend either 3-betting or folding all the time with LSC? Looks like a big leak in my game.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find my self calling with LSC OOP too much, would you recommend either 3-betting or folding all the time with LSC? Looks like a big leak in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think calling is fine occasionally. But in general, i find people don't 3bet enough. Even though he's an utg raiser (which generally means a decent/strong hand), if we 3bet, our 3bet has so much merit because we are 3betting someone thats supposedly so strong.

Think about the hands you open UTG. Now think about the hands you can call a 3bet with that you open UTG.