Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 AM

Default NL50: AK OOP. Turned TPTK on river on very wet board.

Villain is 13/5/0.91 over 165 hands.

Did I miss a another bet on the turn here?
Whats your river play?
Thanks a lot guys...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($21.80)
UTG+1 ($89.90)
MP1 ($15.75)
MP2 ($49)
MP3 ($52.75)
CO ($26.65)
Button ($19.65)
Hero ($53.25)
BB ($8.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $4.

Flop: ($11.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP3 calls $8.

Turn: ($27.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($27.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $20</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: NL50: AK OOP. Turned TPTK on river on very wet board.

I'd bet the turn here, and probably fold if he raises. If he calls, I think I have a better chance of getting checked behind since I showed strength on the turn and he might fear a c/r. I think it's more likely that you're up against AK (with the king of spades) or TT (with a spade) than a made flush or set as the only set that makes sense here is 99 (unless he wouldn't raise that flop with JJ or QQ, which seems silly). I'd call river if I had the time to figure this all out in the heat of the hand...on FTP, I'd probably fold and kick myself later lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:00 PM

I don't know if you missed a turn bet because a flush is still in the villan's range for sure. My experience with this limit is people call pretty light against 3-bets and will typically fold if they miss their set/AQ,AK type hands, but will be willing to call a flop bet if they make a pair. I think if you bet the turn he folds a Q or a J which I don't take out of his range at all especially with the turn check. I think I bet the turn because it makes my opponent play poorly against the hand that I am holding with the likely hands that they are. Also with showing such weakness on the turn who knows the guy really could be thinking hes value betting KQ. I think I may have to call the river bet based on the way that the hand was played. I think a much wider range of hands bets the river than raises if you put a blocking/value bet in there on the river.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Probably your best hope is that he has AxKs- and you're splitting. You're not beating much other than a bluff.

He could well have a poorly played set of queens.

You're better off putting in a value/blocker bet on the river.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:32 PM

I'd raise a bit more preflop. I think your SPR is too high to commit if you hit TPTK on the flop.

When he calls I think he would have a range of something like QQ-88(AA and AK are certainly possible). If he is as passive as your stats lead me to believe then he could very well check a set on this turn.

Now, what is he betting on the river that you beat? If you check the river you have to fold because anytime he bets it is only with a better hand(or at least often enough that you can't call). You could put out a small bet and hope he calls with TT-88 on the river but I don't know if he would even call the flop with those.