Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Borgata - KJ flops the nuts, what do to on turn?

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/3-bet this all day. You have a straight, and a redraw to the nuts if you're behind. Pump it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

When a live 10/20 player raises this turn, they have two diamonds ~ 100% of the time. 3-betting would be spew.

[ QUOTE ]
If he 4-bets the turn, C/C the river UI. I would probably donk if I hit the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW the chances of getting 4-bet are ~ 0% since you have the Kd.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Seems like an obvious bet/call to me. If you get raised by LP, or CR by EP then its a small flush (hands these guys like to limp with like 87s, 86s, J8s). If you don't want to bet because you feel like you're walking into a raise, i think that's wrong because you could still be up against many combos of 2-pair (QT, AT, Q9, A9), or weak aces, or gutters (KQ, QJ). Either 3-betting or checking seems wrong to me.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 AM

We can't automatically assume these guys are so passive they never raise the turn with anything less than a flush. Yes, they tend to be passive, but certainly not that passive.

I agree that getting 4-bet is remote, but it could definitely happen.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When a live 10/20 player raises this turn, they have two diamonds ~ 100% of the time. 3-betting would be spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at the Borg a lot. This is right. Maybe not 100%, but very close.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:50 AM

OK, glad there is a consensus here, and that I did the right thing. Maybe it was a given to begin with - I was being a bit results-oriented and was disappointed that I bet the turn and the others folded.

I won a fairly small pot, and then I started thinking that I would have only been called on the turn if I was beat. I guess that is not really the case, but a lot of the likely callers on the flop and turn would either be flush draws or hands that would have likely raised preflop and probably put in more action on the flop when they hit a set or two pair.

I still think there aren't a lot of hands that are going to call here, but I guess someone could have picked up two pair on the turn or be chasing a lower flush, pair/flush, or pair/gutshot draw.

I think 3 betting the turn would be going way overboard. I guess I would have to still call the river unimproved, but I would hate doing it.