Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Borgata 10/20 vs Taj 10/20?

I've played the 10/20 at the Borgata several times now - only one table out of 15 or so I've sat at would I say was really tough, but most were pretty aggressive. A few weeks ago I played the 10/20 at the Taj for the first time, and found it to be quite a bit less aggressive, as well as more people staying in to see the flop, and there were many more showdowns. Of course this was just one time so it might not be typical.

Despite the Taj seeming to be a "better" game, I ended up losing as there was a lot of chasing going on, and they seemed to all be hitting. I imagine it would have been better in the long run though. However, I can win more hands at the Borgata without seeing a showdown, occasionally without much of a hand.

Two questions - if anyone has much experience at both games, is it typical for the Taj game to be looser and less aggressive than the Borgata game? If so, should I definately be hitting the Taj for long run greater EV, or is it possible that my usual aggressive style could be better suited for a game where you don't have to see a showdown to win a pot?