Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: NL50: I gots QQ and he shoves

[ QUOTE ]
I am calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. And quickly.

The play he makes (unless he knows we have QQ-and how can he) sucks with AA/KK/TT- leading me to believe he sucks, if he does in fact suck then his range is much bigger than just those 3 hands and calling is uber +EV.

Question, does anyone who wants to fold take this line with AA/KK/TT just praying that opponent has enough of a hand to call? So we know one thing about villain and that's he's taking a line solid players don't take, non-solid players can also have AK/AQ/AJ/AT/JJ/99 at minimum.

Oh and if solid players will fold QQ here regularly is it not +EV to take this line with ATC as villain?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 AM

Saying he sucks is not justification for calling here. Yes he sucks, but I think toddxlogan hit it on the head with his post. He is trying to extract and has no idea how to do it and/or he is afraid of getting sucked out on. This is not AK, this is AA and KK much more often than not.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 AM

call
Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying he sucks is not justification for calling here. Yes he sucks, but I think toddxlogan hit it on the head with his post. He is trying to extract and has no idea how to do it and/or he is afraid of getting sucked out on. This is not AK, this is AA and KK much more often than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is- in general when one sucks their range is wider than if they don't, here his range only needs to get a few hand larger than AA/KK to require a call. More than a few more hands and folding becomes a disaster.

We agree he sucks. Hopefully we agree there are many ways to suck. You're saying he sucks in a very specific way- based on two bets- so we should fold. I'm saying if he sucks in any other way, which is highly likely since we only have two bets worth of info, folding is horrid.

Yeah when he flips AA you feel stupid, but when you fold and he shoves 3 more times in two orbits you'll feel stupid too- or better yet flips JTs to show you he 'had it'.

And yeah, yeah, the hand got posted- so he has AA here and we got stacked- I still call, quickly.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:13 AM

Omg, that discussion really sux. I call it at that stakes end expect to see 99 or 88 EASILY. I've seen that guys doing that [censored] every time they got KK preflop and Ace came on flop - they shove, and then I call with my AJ and win. Common! it's a common play! HE DOESNT WANT YOU TO CALL, he believies if You have TPWK You will fold, as he has midpocket pair most of the time here.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:21 AM

this is one of those unlucky hands very very difficult....on one hand u just cant fold...u have to think preflop that if u call and an A or K dont hit the board ur in it. even if he does not overshove he will bet and u will prolly have to move in if the board is dry so basically no fold...if he has AA or KK nothing u can do....but in the other hand when u just get in a table u usually paly a little tight and why would u do that with AK against players u dont know how they react to a bluff? seems a obvious QQ or AA.....

Yet after meditating a lot...i would call....
Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 AM

fold pf if you're not calling this.