Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Dean is going to contribute 2K to charity!!

Samo,

I lost a prop bet with another small-staker where the loser has to donate $25 to charity, but your PM box is full. Could you please PM me with the details?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:33 AM

Yeah clear out some PM's buddy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 AM

Samo,

Please stick around and post some strategy?

[ QUOTE ]
odds that all those PMs are from either A) people who KOD gave a bad beat to, or B) people who KOD said play bad on the forums, or C) want to suck up to samo in hopes of getting lessons? I am guessing about 95-100%

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but unfortunately that doesn't matter in the bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 AM

title change to 'The Rain Man' please.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 AM

Samo,

have you considered that you might have schizophrenia yourself? you are without a doubt one of the most insane people on this entire forum.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM

OK PMs cleared out ...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dean,

I have to say i think you have done a pretty lame thing here. As soon as you made that bet, i could see this exact situation occurring. In the future you should not let your desire to "out" Samo as liar to get the best of you like this. You basically had no reason to dount him lying about the 8 pms, and he immidiatley accepted your offer AFTER which you decided to add these stipualtions, which are ridiculous. I mean you really think the people IMing him ALL are going to know KOD personally well enough to have had their own experiences with him where they think he is a scumbag? It's obvious that you can add stipulations which he won't be able to satisfy after he accepts your offer.

Basically Samo said he had these 8 pms, you called him out as a liar and made this offer, and then he accepted. Dont get so wrapped up in this [censored], it taints your place as a legitimate strategy poster when you engage in this childish [censored], and you're too smart for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone, let me clear this up because you are all being retarded.

Obv Dean thinks Crablar is a good guy, and wanted to call out Samo who was clearly exaggerating either A) the number of PMs he got or B) the nature of the PMs he got.

He did A) at first, and then backed down to 8, which Dean probably thought still had a chance at being a fabrication. Either way, PMs to Samo where people are telling their opinion based only off of reading posts on here are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO WHETHER OR NOT KOD IS A SCUMBAG IN GENERAL. Many many people have said that KoD is a good guy, and Samo was trying to combat that by announcing all of PMs he had in which those people denounced KoD's character.

Many people like RBK, who have had extensive dealings with KoD, say he is a stand-up guy, and Samo was basically trying to say there was another group of people who felt the opposite with similar experience with KoD, but that these people, instead of posting publically, decided to PM Samo their feelings.

Dean knows that this is probably not the case because by all accounts KoD IS a good guy, and its unlikely that even 4 people, much less 8 or 10-12, think he is a scumbag based on their own experiences with him. GGb you say that its impossible for 8 people to have their own experiences with someone and think that he is a scumbag, then what is the point of referencing 8 PMs as evidence for or against someones character if those PMs aren't taking anything into consideration beyond what evidence we have here in front of us?

Anyways, maybe all of this was obvious to most people, but I feel like it had to be said.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dean,

I have to say i think you have done a pretty lame thing here. As soon as you made that bet, i could see this exact situation occurring. In the future you should not let your desire to "out" Samo as liar to get the best of you like this. You basically had no reason to dount him lying about the 8 pms, and he immidiatley accepted your offer AFTER which you decided to add these stipualtions, which are ridiculous. I mean you really think the people IMing him ALL are going to know KOD personally well enough to have had their own experiences with him where they think he is a scumbag? It's obvious that you can add stipulations which he won't be able to satisfy after he accepts your offer.

Basically Samo said he had these 8 pms, you called him out as a liar and made this offer, and then he accepted. Dont get so wrapped up in this [censored], it taints your place as a legitimate strategy poster when you engage in this childish [censored], and you're too smart for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone, let me clear this up because you are all being retarded.

Obv Dean thinks Crablar is a good guy, and wanted to call out Samo who was clearly exaggerating either A) the number of PMs he got or B) the nature of the PMs he got.

He did A) at first, and then backed down to 8, which Dean probably thought still had a chance at being a fabrication. Either way, PMs to Samo where people are telling their opinion based only off of reading posts on here are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO WHETHER OR NOT KOD IS A SCUMBAG IN GENERAL. Many many people have said that KoD is a good guy, and Samo was trying to combat that by announcing all of PMs he had in which those people denounced KoD's character.

Many people like RBK, who have had extensive dealings with KoD, say he is a stand-up guy, and Samo was basically trying to say there was another group of people who felt the opposite with similar experience with KoD, but that these people, instead of posting publically, decided to PM Samo their feelings.

Dean knows that this is probably not the case because by all accounts KoD IS a good guy, and its unlikely that even 4 people, much less 8 or 10-12, think he is a scumbag based on their own experiences with him. GGb you say that its impossible for 8 people to have their own experiences with someone and think that he is a scumbag, then what is the point of referencing 8 PMs as evidence for or against someones character if those PMs aren't taking anything into consideration beyond what evidence we have here in front of us?

Anyways, maybe all of this was obvious to most people, but I feel like it had to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's great that you could clear that up for us all, expect your off so you might as well not have. Dean has had an axe to grind with Samo for a long time, and it's not relevant to the charecter of Kod. Furthermore, Kod not SCAMMING rbk doesnt make him a stand up guy, and you citing that is hilarious. It's like boosted saying he was a stand up guy for not screwing people on transfers and being honest about money he won on the stake which is just LOL material. I, like you, didn't have enough info here to determine who was right. But from the sequence of events, it was clear that Dean offered a bet, THEN added the stipulations which i said was wrong.

And etizzle, it's very obvious that Samo brought up the PM's as an indicator of support he was recieving, not because it was the obvious damning evidence against KOD. I just called Dean out on continously amending the terms so he wouldnt have to donate the money, which he did, so your post is pretty pointless.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 PM

GGB,

Not only have I "not scammed" rbk and other people, I have made distinct efforts to make friends/do transfers and stuff throughout this community. This might make me look like a pushover or someone who is desperate for friends, and I am neither. 2+2 and mid-high stakes poker just happens to have the highest concentration of smart people with good personalities that I have ever encountered. Granted, I haven't met many of these people IRL but I feel like I know some of them a lot better than many friends I have known since middle school
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 PM

KOD, after re-reading my OP, i don't know why you, or anyone thinks that i said ANYTHING negative about you. I clearly asid in my last post that there isn't enough info here to make definitive judgements. I called Dean out on his conduct in the thread.

My comments about you "not scamming people not being an a good indicator of your being right in this matter" wasn't meant to imply that you are not a good guy, but rather to rebut etizzles post where he cites that as a reason to support dean in his onslaught of Samo. I also don't at all think you're a pushover for wanting to have friends in the community, poker players can relate well to each other because our profession is really unlike any other. Although this whole thing started because of your situation with Samo, you will see that i never really addressed that end of things in post except for responding to etizzle.