Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Does any street make sense?

[ QUOTE ]
He's gonna fold two outers and continue with hands that beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Yes, I played every postflop street in a weird fashion. SOP is:

1. c/c flop. As Snowball shows, c/r is bad.
2. c/3-bet turn.
3. c/c river.

I think river though is a straightforward b/f line though. There's no hand that makes any sense for button to have an Ace in it except AK. I mean, it went preflop raise, c/r/3-bet on flop and this guy suddenly goes nuts on the turn with an Ace? With 6 of the Aces/Kings accounted for, he has only one combination of AK. Since I'm going to c/c the river, I think a b/f is better, especially since the way I've played it looks like I could have an Ace (c/r flop). I dunno, I've folded out a King before on a board of AAKKx before when I had a King.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cap'n, I enjoy reading your posts and think you have a great feel for the game (and reading your stuff always makes me curious to know if we've played together), so maybe your description of the button is missing some context or other important details?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, no, no other read or context. Basically the only hand I could put button on that has an Ace is AK, and I'm going to call, so it's better to bet. I don't have a problem bet folding rivers against most of the loose-passive Bay101 players, I did it twice today!

Anyway, we may have played together, I don't know, but I pretty much only play at Bay101 between 11-3ish on weekdays.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I pretty much only play at Bay101 between 11-3ish on weekdays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Night hours or day hours? I thought you had a day job. Either you're playing while you're supposed to be working, or you're staying up awfully late for work the next morning.

Anyhow, I'm on hiatus until I finish my test next week Wednesday. I'll see if I can bump into you then.

Garland
Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 AM

ok, I lost focus and stopped reading responses. This is attrocious. Spell that correctly. I DARE YOU!!!! WTF are you thinking on the flop?!?!?!? First of all, you start out saying "UTG is kinda laggy" and then describe a perfect TAG's opening standards for UTG. Fine, excepting A9, and ATo for 10-handed tables, which really isn't that bad. Then you flop a flop and decide that KQ is TEH NUTZ!!!!! because there is a king on board and button only called. So you raise. WTF?!?!?!?! What good becomes of this raise, noob? You hit your miracle card on the turn and then you check... WTF???? UTG bets, and button raises. At this point you're thinking, "hrm. I'm probably winning, but I shouldn't 3bet...." Ok, whatever. You're reasoning sucks, but you made the right decision. The river is an ace and you bet..... !!!!!! !!!!!! WTF!?!?!? Are you hoping for a crying call from 88? Are you hoping to fold out pot splitting kings!>!>!??? Jesus, man, check/call this river like a pro, and ship the pot to.... well, who knows, either 50/50 you/him or 100/0 him/you.

I'm going to try to be as clear about this as possible. I'm not going to mince any words.

YOU ARE BAD AT POKER.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:40 AM

oh, PF is fine. You can fold if you're feeling nitty, but a call here is fine.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose occasionally he'll have 88 here and will pay us off. Loose passive fish are not known for intelligent, bet-saving river folds for a single bet, so I don't see him folding a king,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! Just how stupid do you think fish are???
Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose occasionally he'll have 88 here and will pay us off. Loose passive fish are not known for intelligent, bet-saving river folds for a single bet, so I don't see him folding a king,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! Just how stupid do you think fish are???

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying i agree with the river bet but i see people call with 88 here all the time.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try to be as clear about this as possible. I'm not going to mince any words.

YOU ARE BAD AT POKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok this hand is an abomination true

im not sure spewing insults is really productive tho

and the Captain has had some good ideas in the past, so i think we should give him a mulligan
Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE BAD AT POKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok this hand is an abomination true

im not sure spewing insults is really productive tho

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, that's OK. When I post, I usually pick some hand where I take an unusual line, so I'm half-expecting someone to tell me I'm a total idiot. I've been taking unusual lines lately as experiments to see if there's any value in them. I still like this river bet/fold, even if the rest of 2+2 thinks I'm crazy.

From CSC:

[ QUOTE ]

hrm. I'm probably winning, but I shouldn't 3bet...." Ok, whatever. You're reasoning sucks, but you made the right decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here. Are you saying I made the right decision in just calling the turn raise? If so, I'm curious as to what the right reasoning is if mine is wrong.

Or are you saying I made the right decision (in a results-oriented fashion) because the Ace popped on the river?