Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: official gogogogo durrrr thread

I don't know, but I find it equally sketchy that cardplayer isn't saying anything concerning this.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
durr doing it and catching it himself in a conspiracy against live poker

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be absolutely golden.

But people shouldn't start pointing fingers at Vela or White (non-pros are probably more likely to come under suspicion) yet, there might not even be anything wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absolutely retarded to say. Why else would the cards be marked? Obviousely, someone is doing it, and It should be fairly obvious who it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Cards get scuffed and marked accidentally all the time, it might not just be the aces. If durrrr is subconsciously paranoid about live poker he might be more inclined to cry foul when he thinks something is up. At this point yes, it does seem likely foul play is involved, but just because I don't want to go on a witch hunt based on little knowledge, doesn't make me retarded.

edit: EWS I think the retarded comment was directed at me, not your joke.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Would have been awesome if Durrrr spread the deck out, pulled out the aces face down and bent them, Andy Bloch style.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM

who would just play and find out who marked it, abuse him and as a bonus know who got aces?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But people shouldn't start pointing fingers at Vela or White (non-pros are probably more likely to come under suspicion) yet, there might not even be anything wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absolutely retarded to say. Why else would the cards be marked? Obviousely, someone is doing it, and It should be fairly obvious who it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Cards get scuffed and marked accidentally all the time, it might not just be the aces. If durrrr is subconsciously paranoid about live poker he might be more inclined to cry foul when he thinks something is up. At this point yes, it does seem likely foul play is involved, but just because I don't want to go on a witch hunt based on little knowledge, doesn't make me retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you were retarded, I said it was retarded to say. Do you really believe that 4 aces were accidentally marked? I'd say it's 99.9% guarenteed cheating.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM

When I was there yesterday, Freddy Deeb complained that there was a mark on the Ace of Spades. The tournament staff took the card away for a few secs and then the dealer starting shuffling without it, not realizing he was short a card.

They sheepishly brought it back, supposedly having removed the offending mark. Deeb wasn't happy with this and asked for a new setup and emphasized he wanted a brand new deck.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Hand #28 - Nick Schulman has the button in seat 5, White raises from the cutoff to 240,000, Schulman calls from the button, Medic thinks for more than 30 seconds before he moves all in from the big blind for 1,715,000, and White moves all in over the top of Medic. Schulman folds.

Medic shows 1010, and White has AK. It's a race situation, and Medic

The flop brings a ten in the window -- 1063. The Nenad fans in the crowd applaud as he flops a set to take a commanding lead. But the turn card is the J, giving White four outs to a straight if he can catch a queen.

The river card is the -- K!

White's friends and family take a moment (because it's a face card) before realizing it's not the queen they were hoping for. Nenad Medic wins the pot with a set of tens to double up in chips.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM

^^^^^^^the plot thickens
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Well the tapes & cards are burned now. The sheeple will live on in ingnorant bliss content with their newly acquired knowledge that 88 is also known as snowmen. Meanwhile let the conspiracy theories flourish. I'm rather surprised this thread isn't exploding with posts
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you were retarded, I said it was retarded to say. Do you really believe that 4 aces were accidentally marked? I'd say it's 99.9% guarenteed cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that 4 aces were accidentally marked. I do believe that it is possible that one or two could have been and durrrr became very unsettled/paranoid about it. I also think that if it was certain, the FT would not continue. Maybe I am naive. Like I said, I think someone probably is cheating but we have barely any information at this point.