Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: B-School or Law School? Bigger d-bags?

[ QUOTE ]
DD,

Yeah there are some HUGE d-bags in med school, but they work so hard and usually provide an actual service to humanity when they come out, so their douchebaggery is more justified.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever worked in a hospital? doctors are generally pricks who cheated their way through high school and college then think they are smarter than everyone despite being just glorified mechanics
Old 04-15-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

Wow, I disagree completely. I think the answer is B-school by a large margin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. Especially the top-tier B-schools, these are douchebags that are looking to get ahead (read: need this check in the block to justify asking for a 6-figure salary). The douchebagginess starts while in school, but comes full-circle AFTER they leave B-school, thinking their degree means they know anything about the real business world.

I've wondered why businesses fawn over these guys. Are they hiring the man/woman, or the degree?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
deez-
no love for the med school d-bags?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is entirely differet. Med students will become doctors. Doctors save lives. That makes them better than regular people.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:45 PM

Wrong. But many if not most wouldn't mind if you thought so, or even think so yourself.

I agree doctors can be real douchebags just like everybody else. For them, the temptation is even more compelling, because it's so easy to get away with it.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these are douchebags that are looking to get ahead (read: need this check in the block to justify asking for a 6-figure salary).

[/ QUOTE ]I am sorry, I must have missed something. What is wrong with someone doing the right things to get ahead in life? Is there something wrong with ambition, working your ass off, making sacrifices, facing challenges, etc. ?
Old 04-15-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these are douchebags that are looking to get ahead (read: need this check in the block to justify asking for a 6-figure salary).

[/ QUOTE ]I am sorry, I must have missed something. What is wrong with someone doing the right things to get ahead in life? Is there something wrong with ambition, working your ass off, making sacrifices, facing challenges, etc. ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's something wrong with it when you're an underacheving, socially inept loser, which is usually the types of people who make comments like that.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's something wrong with it when you're an underacheving, socially inept loser, which is usually the types of people who make comments like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should've put "looking to get ahead" in quotes. Meaning, they profess they're looking for the skills, but it's just a damn piece of paper.

My issue is with 22-year old guy rolling straight into B-school, with NO job experience. Two years later, he's a self-anoited fast runner? Please.

I've got major respect for the guy who cuts his teeth for 2-3 years, then goes back (either FT or PT). At least he's seen the inside of an office or client site.

If you're the former, get over yourself. There are thousands like you who have devalued the degree to the point that (with some exceptions) companies are saying OJT is just as valuable and significantly less expensive.